- Cox adds third feather to BigBand's switched digital video hat. // CED;Oct2007, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p6
The article reports that Cox Communications Inc. has joined Big Band Networks in northern Virginia, with the switched digital video (SDV) hat of the latter, after deployments with Time Warner Cable and Cablevision. The company aims to expand its high definition (HD) capacity and to offer 50...
- Spotlight. Demenchuk, Michael // Multichannel News;11/10/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p22
Features Basil Badawiyeh, video systems engineer at Adelphia Communications Corp. Role of Badawiyeh in developing strategies for emerging technologies such as digital cable, high definition TV and video-on-demand; Achievements and awards received; Contribution to the cable television industry.
- Adelphia Taking a Closer Look at VOD. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;3/15/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p12
Reports on the agreement reached between Adelphia and Everstream to monitor video-on-demand (VOD) service. Importance of the deal on Adelphia; Test conducted by Comcast on Everstream's service; Markets for the VOD service of Adelphia.
- VOD's Mystery Numbers. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;2/14/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p24
Analyzes the market for video on demand (VOD) services from the cable television industry in the U.S. Strategy of Cox Communications Inc. in launching its VOD service; Percentage of VOD-enabled subscribers in Boston, Massachusetts and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Increase in VOD revenue in 2004;...
- TV Guide Net Fills Out Its Full-Screen Roster. REYNOLDS, MIKE // Multichannel News;12/17/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 48, p9
The article offers information on TV Guide Networks Inc. which has increased its full-screen presence beyond 80 percent by eliminating the listings scroll appearing alongside on-screen shows. It informs that the company had several launches with Cox Communications Inc. and Comcast Corp. after...
- Adelphia Doings:. // CableFAX Daily;9/25/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 185, p2
The article reports on the plans of Mecklenburg County in North Carolina to bid for a cable system of Adelphia Communication Corp. The county and towns are considering spending $80 million to enter the bid. The county's franchise agreement gives it the right to buy the operation. Time Warner...
- Cox launches VOD in S.D. // Cable World (10427228);4/22/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p5
Reports on the launch of a video-on-demand (VOD) system by Cox Communications in San Diego, California in April 2002. Number of cable subscribers in the area; Contents of the cable package; Costs of subscribing to the VOD system.
- One Down, One to Go: Cox, Fox Settle Sports Fight. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/8/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 49, p4
Reports on the renewal of the carriage deal for Fox Sports regional channels by Cox Communications in December 2003. Terms of the deal; Increase in the license fee for Fox sports regional channels; List of cities in the U.S. with Fox Sports channels.
- Download Deals All the Rage for Networks. Moss, Linda; Stump, Matt; Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;11/14/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 47, p3
Focuses on the decision of television broadcasting companies in the U.S. to charge its viewers for on-demand access of their prime time television programs. Views of Timothy Hanlon, senior vice president at Starcom MediaVest Group, on video content offerings of some Internet companies; Reasons...