Changes in the Role and the Form of the Trust at the New Millennium, or, We Don't Have to Think
- Are trusts suspect? // International Money Marketing;Nov2002, p3
Discusses the reliability of trusts as a financial instrument in Great Britain. Description of the nature and functions of trusts; Confidentiality of trusts; Impact of the trend toward treating tax evasion as a crime that can lead to money laundering on the way trust companies conduct business.
- Link trust payments to outcomes, says doctor. // Public Finance;03/29/96, p6
Reports that trusts should be given financial incentives while those of poor clinical quality of care should be penalised in Great Britain. Why trusts should attach importance to clinical performance; Conditions where trusts should be penalised.
- One quarter of trusts miss 6% rate of return requirement. // Public Finance;03/29/96, p6
Provides information on the United Kingdom trust companies capital returns. Percentage of trusts that failed to meet the key requirements; Percentage of trusts that achieved returns in capital.
- Fiduciary Income. // Spectrem Perspectives;Jan2013, p16
An introduction is presented which discusses various reports within the issue on topics including service rendered by the trust companies such as investment management services, defined contribution services and corporate trust services, fiduciary assets of financial institutions, firms' income.
- Survival of the biggest? Lunt, Penny // ABA Banking Journal;Jun96, Vol. 88 Issue 6, p47
Discusses the factors why some players in the corporate trust business in the United States have decided to close shop. Decline in corporate trust profitability; Banks' unwillingness to take on the risk of fiduciary responsibility; Other types of corporate trust activities being performed;...
- Step change. Williams, Richard // Lawyer;5/5/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p37
The article reports on the guidance by the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) as a new standard for the offshore trust industry in Jersey. It relates that the new STEP guidance explains the difference between local law and English trust law regarding indemnities in relation to the...
- The Arts Exchange re-opens June 17. // Westchester County Business Journal;5/23/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 21, pA2
The article reports on the recent developments related to New York based Westchester Arts Council's Board of Trustees. In November of 1998, a unique opportunity presented itself to the Westchester Arts Council's Board of Trustees. The People's National Bank and Trust Company building, a historic...
- European small-cap and financials funds outperform. Lewis, Adam // Fund Strategy;7/24/2006, p8
The article reports on the development of investment trusts' investment in financial and European smaller companies in the U.S. It has been shown in the latest monthly statistics from the Association of Investment Trust Companies that Â£1,000 was invested in the specialist financial sector,...
- Gearing in super is risky business. Day, Graig // Money Management;3/26/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p25
The article reports on the new borrowing rules of the self-managed superannuation fund (SMSF) in Australia in 2009. SMSF trustees is using the new rules to adopt large illiquid assets, might wish to consider and stop the risk that strategy could intorduce to the fund. It avers that where a...