The Government Contractor Defense: Breaking the Boyle Barrier
- Intellectual Property. White, Katherine E.; Conway, Danielle M. // Army Lawyer;Jan2007, Issue 404, p136
The article focuses on various cases reflecting the issues on intellectual property suits in the U.S. With the case of Zoltek corp and the U.S., the federal circuit addressed two questions related to the remedy available for a government contractor's unauthorized use of a patentee's patent....
- Going From $0 to $232 Million With No Evidence of Harm: DOJ's New Damages Theory in FCA Fradulent Inducement Cases, and How to Fight Back. Carpenter, Julie M. // Federal Lawyer;Oct/Nov2012, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p39
The article presents information on the fraudulent activities of the government contractors and the problems faced in repairing such damages. The role of the U.S. Department of Justice in dealing with fraudulent inducement False Claims Act cases and the U.S. Fifth Circuit decisions in the trial...
- Union ranks drop again. SOULE, ALEXANDER // Fairfield County Business Journal;2/22/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p3
The article reports on the decision of a judge in Connecticut to order United Technologies Corp. to keep their plant in operation until the present labor contract expires after workers there had sued the company for improperly siphoning off work.
- Sikorsky suit settled. Doran, Ryan // Fairfield County Business Journal;1/18/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p2
The article reports on the settlement by United Technologies Corp. of a lawsuit filed by Canadian plaintiffs in the crash of a Sikorsky Aircraft Corp.-built helicopter in March 2009.
- Casebook. Ross, Mike // Chartered Accountants Journal;Aug98, Vol. 77 Issue 7, p78
Provides information on a number of court cases around New Zealand relating to several issues. Reference to the matrimonial property lawsuit of Wood versus Wood filed in the High Court, New Plymouth; Details on the lawsuit surrounding tax deductions; Information on a lawsuit regarding...
- Retaliatory Lawsuits and Texas's Judicial Proceedings Privilege. Mangrum, Boyd // Review of Litigation;Summer2003, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p541
Discusses retaliatory lawsuits and Texas' judicial proceedings privilege. Definition of the term 'retaliatory lawsuit'; Nature and extent of judicial proceedings privilege; Parties protected by the privilege.
- The duty to take care. Edwards, K. Buckley // Accountancy;Sep72, Vol. 83 Issue 949, p87
Presents information about various lawsuits in the year 1972 in Great Britain. Discussion on various lawsuits between the companies and its stock holders; Details of the case involving I.G. Arenson, a shareholder in a company; Information about the proceedings in the case.
- circuit briefs. // Corporate Legal Times;Oct2003, Vol. 13 Issue 143, p50
Reports on two cases in the 5th Circuit in the U.S. as of October 2003. Chancery charges against State Supreme Court Justice Oliver Diaz Jr.; Settlement of class action against Firestone.
- ADA Violation Suits Swamp California Court System. Jackson, Liane // Corporate Legal Times;Oct2003, Vol. 13 Issue 143, p56
Focuses on lawsuits filed for violations of the Americans With Disabilities Act in the U.S. Violation of stringent state law standards.