SBC Makes teh First Cut
- SBC could learn from other RBOCs. Schober, David // Telephony;10/25/99, Vol. 237 Issue 17, p9
Reports on the investment made by SBC Communications in an effort to become competitive in the digital subscriber line (DSL) market. Target market of SBC; Attitudes of small businesses towards Internet access; Services offered by Bell Atlantic and US West.
- Seeding the market. Myers, Alphonso // Telephony;07/17/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 3, p28
Focuses on the promotion of SBC Communications Inc. that would offer a personal computer to a customer that will sign on for two years of digital subscriber line (DSL) service. States in the United States where the promotion is available; Customer options of the promotion; Impact of the SBC...
- SBC makes noise with ambitious DSL plans. Slepicka, Mary // America's Network;11/01/99, Vol. 103 Issue 16, p20
Reports the plans of SBC Communications Inc. Deployment of digital subscriber line; Network architecture in which the line will operate; Target date for the completion of the projects; Cost of the project.
- SBC Offers DSL Setup in a Box. Haugsted, Linda; Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;07/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p65
Reports on SBC Communications Inc.'s development of self-install digital subscriber line (DSL) kits for regions served by its Pacific Bell, Southwestern Bell, Nevada Bell and Southern New England Telecommunications Corp. telephone divisions. Company's goal to eliminate distance limitations and...
- SBC reports DSL growth; survey asserts more potential. // Fort Worth Business Press;11/1/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 44, p28
Reports on the digital subscriber line (DSL) services of SBC Southwestern Bell. Number of additional DSL subscribers gained by the company in the third quarter of 2002; Growth rate of DSL.
- SBC Takes Pronto Out Of DSL Buildout Pace. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;10/29/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 44, p39
Reports on the decline of the Project Pronto digital subscriber line initiative of SBC Communications Incorporation. Plan of cutting capital expenditures by 20 percent; Contribution of the sluggish economy on the cutbacks; Addition of 150,000 DSL subscribers.
- SBC opens door to DSL competitors. Greene, Tim // Network World;08/28/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 35, p10
Reports on SBC Communications Inc.'s plan to open its neighborhood Digital Subscriber Line access gear to competitors on a trial basis. Advantages that competitive local exchange carriers gain from participating in the trial; SBC Communications' demonstration to state and federal regulators of...
- Will Pronto Weaken SBC's Call For Open Cable Access? Trager, Louis // Inter@ctive Week;10/25/99, Vol. 6 Issue 44, p16
Focuses on the Project Pronto of SBC Communications company for accelerated broadband deployment. Growth of Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) market; Why SBC had to reconcile its project. INSET: Broadband's Octoberfest.
- Details of SBC's DSL plan spark concern. Rohde, David // Network World;03/27/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p1
Discusses the implications of SBC Communications plans for a digital subscriber line (DSL) service. Reaction from competitors; Line cards chosen for Project Pronto; Plans to provide voice over DSL service.