NAT GEO MAFIA SPECIAL BREAKS CODE OF SILENCE
- Mipbits. Guider, Elizabeth // Variety;09/22/97, Vol. 368 Issue 7, pM14
Reports that the National Geographic Channels has appointed three acquisition executives, coinciding with the international launches of its branded channel on September 1, 1997.
- The documentarians. Peretz, Evgenia // Vanity Fair;May98, Issue 453, p206
Presents information on 16 documentary filmmakers in Hollywood. Identification of the film makers; Details on their careers.
- Monkey Doodle Cartel Goes To Capital For Latest Documentary. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);3/14/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p12
The article reports on the latest documentary film shot in Austin, Texas by Monkey Doodle Cartel Productions titled "And Now A Word From Your Sponsor."
- Doc makers uncover L.A. realities. McDonald, Kathy // Variety;11/17/97 Supplement Los Angeles, Vol. 369 Issue 2, p14
Focuses on the making of documentary films. Director Laura Angelica Simon's experience with documentary filmmaking; Goals of International Documentary Association (IDA); Advantages of documentary filmmaking; Examples of documentary films funded by IDA.
- Souls in Purgatory. Horrigan, Michele // Visual Artists News Sheet;Mar/Apr2012, Issue 2, p10
The article presents the author's insights regarding her creation of the video entitled "Purgatory," which discusses her experience of walking through Les Baux-de-Provence, France.
- Post Houses and Feature Documentaries. Foulgham, George; Daniel, Andrew // SHOOT;5/16/2014, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p3
The authors share tips for directors on how to generate a cinematic experience for a feature documentary project, stressing the importance of one post production facility housing the entire project.
- Librarians guide director down new road to Morocco. Montgomery, Steve // American Libraries;Feb96, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p34
Thanks three New York City media librarians for the help they gave the author with his documentary about the public square of Marrakech, Morocco. How the incident changed the author's view of the librarian's profession; How the librarians, Louise Spain, Marie Nesthus, and David Callahan, used...
- Web of support for docus. Thomson, Patricia // Daily Variety;9/28/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 20, pB18
Focuses on a joint documentary film project using the Internet as a primary means of collaboration in the United States. Aspects of documentary filmmaking; Use of electronic mail and discussion threads; Problem of transferring moving picture over the Internet.
- Nat Geo Has News For Media Buyers. Lafayette, Jon // Broadcasting & Cable;4/25/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 17, p4
The article reports on the move of National Geographic Channel to create shows including "National Geographic Explorer" and Border Wars" that attracts various audiences.