A Multiplatform 'Star' Is Born
- Comcast VOD Previews 'iCarly' Telepic. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/27/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 42, p32
The article reports that Comcast Corp. will provide an early video on demand (VOD) look at their upcoming original movie of Nickelodeon's "iCarly." It mentions that as part of the agreement, Comcast will create "iCarly & Friends" VOD category that will feature the movie and four "iCarly"...
- VOD. // CableFAX Daily;10/4/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 192, p1
Reports on the TV program "Candidates on Demand" that will be available free of charge on video-on-demand to digital subsystem areas of Comcast. 2004 political candidates who will be featured in the TV program.
- Call It 'Bostonvision' Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;4/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p1
Reports on a Get Local video-on-demand (VOD) television programming category introduced by Comcast Corp. Lineup of the VOD; Number of program choices of the VOD; Percentage of digital subscribers in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania who use VOD.
- VOD. // CableFAX Daily;10/20/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 204, p2
Announces the plan of Meredith Corp. to make specially produced segments from its "American Baby Show" available on video-on-demand platform from Comcast.
- Comcast Plans a 'TV Guide' on the Web. Steinert-Threlkeld, Tom // Multichannel News;9/4/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 35, p3
The article reports on the TV Planner to be launched by Comcast Corp. The Web-based service will serve as an electronic guide and search engine for users sorting through television shows, on-demand videos and high-definition programs. The guide is said to be a step for the creation of...
- GM drives VOD 'Survivor' Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;5/15/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 31, p6
The article focuses on the decision of General Motors Corp. to sponsor a video-on-demand service for the reality television show "Survivor." The company is sponsoring video services in Baltimore, Chicago, Detroit, and Philadelphia. The broadcasts will show three commercials and that spots will...
- 4Kids tooning up VOD service. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;7/26/2006, Vol. 292 Issue 16, p28
The article reports that 4Kids Entertainment, a children's movie/TV company, has created a video-on-demand service for Comcast Corp., a cable operator with an estimated 21.7 million subscribers in the United States. Included in the service are 10 hours of animated programs such as "Yu-Gi-Oh!,"...
- Cabler loads up TV VOD. Littleton, Cynthia // Daily Variety;4/28/2011, Vol. 311 Issue 18, p1
The article reports on the move of Comcast Corp. to add more television (TV) video on demand (VOD) programs to bolster its services and counter the threats of losing subscribers to Netflix and other alternative programming outlets in the U.S.
- COMCAST OFFERS EVERY '24' EPISODE ON DEMAND. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;2/15/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p12
The article reports on the repurposed episodes of Fox Television's "24" by Comcast Corp. for On Demand viewing until April 7, 2010.