MTVN Sets Caribbean 'Tempo'
- MTVN May Be Eyeing GAC. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;2/11/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p2
Reports the planned acquisition of MTV Networks to Great American Country (GAC) network in the U.S. Competition between MTV and GMC on airing country-music videos; Response of the Jones Media Network Ltd. on the buying of GAC; Speculations on the economic instability of Jones Media.
- I Want My... Fuse? Fiore, Raymond // Entertainment Weekly;
Reports on the success of the cable music channel Fuse as of July 30, 2004.
- VH1 to move into popular culture. // Music Week;4/12/2003, Issue 14, p3
Reports on British cable television network VH1's announcement of its plan for a thorough reformatting which will broaden the network from a solely music-based channel. Acquisition of music-related feature film and documentaries; Incorporation planned changes in the evening schedule.
- Viacom's Next Makeover Target: CMT. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;11/20/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p60
Reports that Viacom Inc.'s MTV Networks is restructuring the United States cable television channel CMT: The Country Music Television. Goal to dominate the country-music niche on television; Programming plans.
- How MTV Benefits From Local Talent. Masson, Gordon // Billboard;7/12/2003, Vol. 115 Issue 28, p10
Discusses how MTV Europe is benefiting from the music industry's investment in local repertoire. Growth rate of MTV Europe; Background of the MTV Europe television network; Number of MTV channels throughout Europe.
- MTVN To Seek TNN, CMT Rate Hikes: Browning. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;12/18/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 51, p6
Focuses on the plans of MTV Networks (MTVN) to increase subscription rates for TNN and Country Music Network according to MTVN marketing executive Nicole Browning. Goal of MTVN in the year 2001 to reinvent the networks' programming.
- Intl. // CableFAX Daily;2/15/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 31, p3
Presents an update on international cable television networks, as of February 15, 2006. Launch of the 27th European MTV channel from MTV Networks; Availability of the Sportsman Channel in OneLink of Puerto Rico digital subsystems.
- Comcast plays Country Music. Shirkani, K.D. // Daily Variety;11/16/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 54, p3
Reports that MTV Networks will launch Country Music Television in several Comcast Cablevision household subscribers in the United States over the next four years.
- MEDIA: MTV claims the high ground with awards. HILLE, ALFRED // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;1/24/2003, p10
Reports that cable television network MTV Asia has claimed that its annual music awards is rapidly becoming the leading youth, music franchise in Singapore. Increase in the number of visitors of the on the Web site of the network; Overview of the voting process followed by the network on the...