LPMs Delayed in Phila., D.C
- WSVN-TV opts out of Nielsen. Lafayette, Jon // Electronic Media;06/28/99, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p1
Reports on the decision of WSVN television station in Miami, Florida to terminate its audience rating measurement contract with Nielsen Media Research. Allegations by station officials that the system's overemphasis on Hispanic viewers do not reflect the real ratings of the station.
- No Daily Nielsens In Major Markets. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;11/28/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 50, p8
Reports that television stations in Grand Rapids, Michigan have to wait for a month for ratings feedback because Nielsen has not deployed electronic set-top meters to measure daily ratings at this market. Importance of daily ratings to the performance of television stations; Money spent by...
- Broadcast Watch. Ray, Kenneth // Broadcasting & Cable;1/14/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 2, p36
Presents a chart depicting broadcast network prime time ratings according to Nielsen Media Research Inc. in the United States as of January 2002. Ranking of 'NFL Postgame' from CBS; Audience share of 'The Parkers' from UPN; Program rating of 'West Wing' from NBC.
- Nielsen comes under fire. Flamm, Matthew // Crain's New York Business;6/2/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 22, p2
The article reports that Nielsen Media Research Inc. is under fire from television stations of New York City for slide in the ratings. Blaming the slide on the company's measurement system, the stations have begun talking to potential competitors about services that could supplement or...
- Sweeps strategy put characters in crisis. Miller, Stuart // Variety;5/27/96, Vol. 363 Issue 4, p36
Analyzes the program ratings of the four biggest network stations in the United States to determine the potential impact of themes and storylines on long-term ratings of shows. Prospects of several programs; Television program ratings for the period covering May 16 to May 23, 1996 released by...
- Broadcasting & Cable people's choice. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/27/96, Vol. 126 Issue 23, p23
Presents the rating results for the period covering May 13-19, 1996 of all prime time television programs on several television stations in the United States, released by the Nielsen Media Research.
- Hey kids! Sit still for a minute. Mandase, Joe // Advertising Age;5/13/1991, Vol. 62 Issue 20, pS-34
Examines the difficulties faced by television network researchers in quantifying younger viewers in the United States. Fall in children's viewership in the 1990-91 season; Debate over the validity of Nielsen Media Research Inc.'s television ratings; Call by agency representatives and television...
- AT A GLANCE. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/15/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 46, p15
Presents statistics on the cable and television broadcasting market in the U.S. based on Nielsen Media Research report as of November 2004. Revenue of the television industry; Top commercial television stations in the country; Percentage of cable penetration; Rating per share of the syndicates...
- Sweeps Declines for All but CBS. Ryan, Leslie // Television Week;11/17/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 46, p3
Provides information on the ratings of various television networks in the U.S. according to Nielsen Media Research, as of November 17, 2003. NBC; CBS; ABC.