MSNBC Likes the Sound of Podcasts
- DIMMING THE TORCH. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;8/23/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 58, p4
Reports that television networks National Broadcasting Co. (NBC), CBS and MSNBC are planning less coverage of the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens, Greece, after record low ratings of the 2000 Sydney Olympics. Advertising agencies' receipt of outline of planned total amount of TV coverage.
- NBC tackles Fox ownership. Stern, Christopher // Broadcasting & Cable;12/5/94, Vol. 124 Issue 49, p60
Reports on the petition filed by the National Broadcasting Company Inc. with the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for an examination of the ownership of Fox Incorporated. FCC's policies on foreign ownership of television networks; Other companies' petitions; Investigations.
- Broadcasters come together over HDTV. Jessell, Harry A. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/17/95, Vol. 125 Issue 16, p6
Reports that NBC and Fox will take the lead in providing high-definition television (HDTV) and other digital services in the United States. Discussion on HDTV at the National Association of Broadcasters convention in Las Vegas; Development of HDTV; Settlement of conditions for HDTV; Call for...
- CBS, NBC and Fox romance Group W. Flint, Joe // Variety;7/11/94, Vol. 355 Issue 10, p20
Reports on Group W's negotiations with CBS Inc., NBC Inc. and Fox Inc. for a possible partnership. Stations' desire to affiliate with Group W; Group W's network affiliations; CBS' plan to buy WVEU in Atlanta, Georgia and WKBD in Detroit, Michigan; NBC's long-term affiliation agreement with WDIV...
- Fall is in the air. Coe, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;4/15/96, Vol. 126 Issue 16, p17
Reports on fall 1996 television programs to be renewed or cancelled by the networks, ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox. Program strategy decisions by NBC; Programs to be tested by NBC; Names of CBS series returning for the season; Additional hours of programing by ABC; Names of ABC series returning;...
- TV stations. Miles, Laureen // MediaWeek;9/5/94, Vol. 4 Issue 34, p5
Reports that Sinclair Broadcast Group's WLFL, the Fox television affiliate in Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina will enter into a leased management agreement with WRDC, the local NBC affiliate. Audience share of the two television stations.
- Fox on tail of Peacock in demos. Bierbaum, Tom // Variety;02/08/99, Vol. 373 Issue 12, p36
Reports on the viewership ratings of television programs aired by Fox company. Its share in the primetime television; Average rating of NBC programs; Challenges in maintaining the rating.
- Fox Sings Sweetly in Sweeps. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;5/26/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 21, p8
Powered by the television (TV) program American Idol, the TV company Fox Inc. has won two consecutive periods in 2003 in the key adult 18â€“49 demonstration for the first time in its history and positioned itself to overtake the TV network National Broadcasting Corp. as the number one...
- Digest. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;12/10/2002, Vol. 376 Issue 23, p73
Presents developments related to television broadcasting in the U.S. as of December 2002. Cable television network that National Broadcasting Co. Inc. has purchased from Cablevision Systems Corp.; Reaction of Vivendi Universal SA towards USA Interactive's interpretation of their agreement...