THROUGH THE WIRE
- CABLE TELEVISION. Martin, Denise; Levine, Stuart // Variety;1/12/2004, Vol. 393 Issue 8, pA9
Presents an update on cable television networks in the U.S. as of January 2004. Television program lineup of HBO for 2004; Increase in the ratings for the Sunday night National Football League games of ESPN; Golden Globe series nominees earned by FX.
- HDTV. // Multichannel News;1/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p38
Presents charts of prominent national high definition television programs in the U.S. in January 2004 from major high definition programmers. Programs from Discovery HD Theater; Sports tournaments to be aired by ESPN; Movies to be aired by Home Box Office.
- Distrib exec, a syndie vet, ankling HBO. Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;6/25/2009, Vol. 303 Issue 57, p4
The article reports on the decision of Home Box Office (HBO) Domestic Distribution head Scott Carlin to leave the company in the U.S. Carlin had sold the off-net run of "Curb Your Enthusiasm" and "Entourage" to Tribune Broadcasting. Carlin stated that things change and that his job had...
- Cable nets score but newbies welcome. Stewart, Anna // Daily Variety;12/18/2009, Vol. 305 Issue 53, pA1
The article reports on the move of cable television networks to dominate the television category of the Golden Globe awards in the U.S. It notes that the networks have gained 35 nominations and outdistanced 17 nods notched by the broadcast networks. It cites the Home Box Office Inc. (HBO) ruled...
- HOW TO FIX YOUR PICKUPS. Abele, Robert // Daily Variety;5/11/2010, Vol. 307 Issue 27, pA1
The article focuses on how to balance between original and acquisition television programming in the U.S. It notes that the money spent on developing and promoting original exclusives is part of the business equation and acquired programming remains essential. It claims that the balance between...
- HBO ON SINGLES SCENE. Fleming, Michael // Daily Variety;1/29/2009, Vol. 302 Issue 20, p1
The article reports on Home Box Office Inc.'s request for a half-hour pilot script for Ellen Barkin's new television program in the U.S. The script will be written by Shauna Cross and will be executive produced by HBO. The story centers on a woman famous for her high-profile marriage who...
- Premium Programming. // Multichannel News;2/6/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p21
Presents a listing of subscription video on-demand offerings in the U.S. for February 2006 from cable operators, such as Home Box Office, Showtime Networks Inc., Starz Entertainment Group, Here TV!, Playboy TV, Ten on Demand, Uncensored on Demand, World Picks on Demand and WWE 24/7.
- 'SOPRANOS' RETURN RAISES QUESTIONS. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;3/13/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p24
Highlights the last season of the TV program "The Sopranos," from Home Box Office. Details on the story of the last season of the TV program; Notable scenes in the last season of the TV program.
- Deadwood. Hurwitz, Matt // Mix;Apr2005, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p58
Provides information about the television program "Deadwood" of Home Box Office Inc.'s cable television network in the U.S. Unforgettable experiences of cast members during the shooting of the program; Type of audio equipment used; Process of soundtrack selection.