OLN'S SURVIVOR STORY
- Betting on Reality. Becker, Anne // Broadcasting & Cable;8/8/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 32, p19
Deals with the syndication of reality television programs by cable television networks. Success of Outdoor Life Network with the syndication of reality show "Survivor"; Prices paid by cable networks for reality shows which were syndicated; Caution to emerging cable networks intending to...
- Reality sets in for stations, syndication. Grego, Melissa // Variety;3/17/2003, Vol. 390 Issue 5, p26
Assesses various programming trends in the U.S. television industry as of March 17, 2003. Proliferation of reality programs; Problem with syndication; Outlook for the industry.
- Studios Squeeze, TV Hits 'Reality'. Finnigan, David // Brandweek;06/04/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 23, pS46
Reports on the state of the motion picture and television industries in the United States as of May 2001. Growth of movie ticket revenues in 2000; Partnership of movie studios with several stores, fast food chains and beverages to promote their films; Movies scheduled for release in 2001 and...
- 'FEAR' A SYNDIE FACTOR. Martin, Denise; Adalian, Josef // Daily Variety;2/9/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 30, p1
Reports on the syndication agreements signed by the producers of the reality television program "Fear Factor," in 2003. Interest from several cable networks; Estimated value of license fees for the program; Terms of the agreement.
- Syndication Decides It Needs a Makeover. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;11/17/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 46, p1
Deals with the renewed interest of television syndicators in the U.S. towards makeover shows in 2004. List of makeover-oriented shows being considered by NBC; Background on the concept of the TV program "Ambush Makeover"; Ratings of several television shows in 2003.
- 'Better or Worse' for CW. Adalian, Josef // Television Week;10/13/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 27, p3
The article reports that U.S. television network The CW has ordered six episodes of the wedding-themed series "For Better or Worse" in a move to put a new twist on relationship-based reality shows. RDF USA will produce the series with Mike Fleiss and his Warner Horizon-based Next Entertainment....
- Facing reality. Schmuckler, Eric // Brandweek;5/31/2004, Vol. 45 Issue 22, pSR32
Examines the impact of reality shows on advertising and programming of television networks in the U.S. Advantages and disadvantages of including reality television programs in programming; Effect of reality shows on scripted television programs and on production companies; Ways on how...
- Reality breeds network desperation. Shales, Tom // Electronic Media;02/05/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p4
Discusses how the reality-based concept has permeated all areas of television programming in the United States. Author's view of reality-based programs such as 'Survivor' as little more than a soap opera staged outdoors; Presence of cheap cable-type advertising during traditionally staid news...
- Sink or swim. Clark, Malcolm // New Statesman;7/9/2001, Vol. 130 Issue 4545, p42
Deals with the failure of the reality television show `Survivor' to gain audience acceptance in Great Britain. Poor ratings of the program in the country; Details on the marketing of the show by British owners Lord Alli and Charlie Parsons in the United States where its became a hit; What the...