B'casters' Wrap Puts Onus Onto CABLE UPFRONT
- Upfront Schedule: The Last Lap. // Variety;4/15/2014 Supplement, p8
A calendar is presented of television and cable television network sales presentations for the 2014 upfront advanced advertising sales presentations to be held in New York City in May 2014 including that of the NBC Television Network on May 12, that of cable company ESPN on May 13 and that of...
- ... while webs' ID goes AWOL. Lowry, Brian // Variety;8/23/2004, Vol. 396 Issue 1, p17
Report on the branding shift made by television networks in the U.S. to appeal to younger viewers. ABC; CBS; WB Network.
- Nickelodeon unleashes CatDog promotion. // Playthings;Mar99, Vol. 97 Issue 3, p52
Focuses on Nickelodeon's partnership with several companies for a series of promotions for its Nicktoon series `CatDog.' Launch of an on-air sweepstakes for children; Support of promotion tie-in by Burger King, Kraft Foods, Duracell and Nabisco.
- CABLE TELEVISION NETWORKS INDUSTRY (NAICS 51521). // United States Cable Television Networks Industry Report;2016, p1
An industry report of the cable television networks industry in the U.S. during 2016 is presented from publisher Barnes Reports, with topics including estimated sales, number of employees, and estimated number of establishments.
- WE Breaks Big Summer Promotion. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;7/8/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 27, p26
Focuses on the Summer of Style promotional program of WE: Women's Entertainment Networks in the U.S. Number of affiliates generated; Methods of promotions; Offer of free Palm Pilot to participating systems.
- QUICK TAKES. Worrell, Naomie // Electronic Media;10/7/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p8
Views on the issue regarding the proposed merger between American Broadcasting Co. and Cable News Network company in the U.S. Risks in huge media mergers; Impact of the mergers on the news gathering and productions; Assessment of the consolidation by chief executive officer Jimmy Schaeffler of...
- MTV comics to state case on CBS. // Hollywood Reporter;10/10/95, Vol. 339 Issue 17, p15
Reports that CBS Inc. has scheduled the first of its specials with MTV comedy troupe. Airing of two specials.
- CBS set to open new Eye. Schlosser, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;03/31/97, Vol. 127 Issue 13, p10
Focuses on CBS Inc.'s launch of the CBS Eye on People cable television network. Number of initial subscribers; CBS' projections for subscription growth by the end of 1997; Multimillion-dollar advertising campaign with cross-promotional advertisements; Involvement of major CBS News...
- Eye on more subscribers. Burgi, Michael, // MediaWeek;06/09/97, Vol. 7 Issue 23, p5
Focuses on the distribution deals signed by CBS' Eye on People cable television network. Number of subscribers by the cable channel; Major cable operators that the channel has signed deals with; Comment by Don Mitzner, president of CBS Cable.