Oh where oh where did meadowfoam come from?
- The Critically Endangered Ceroxylon sasaimae Rediscovered in the Wild. Bernal, Rodrigo; Manrique, H�Ctor Favio // Palms;Mar2012, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p31
The article reports on the identification of critically endangered wax palm Ceroxylon sasaimae in agricultural areas on the Eastern Cordillera of Colombia. It states that the palm grows in premontane forest on the eastern slope of the Cordillera, an area that remained off limits to botanists...
- Finder of Lost Plants. Gilbert, Susan // Audubon;May85, Vol. 87 Issue 3, p38
Discusses botanist Bruce Sorrie's inventory of rare plants in the U.S., under the Massachusetts Natural Heritage Program. Volunteers for the program; Provisions of the 1973 Endangered Species Act; Estimated number of plants considered endangered; Sorrie's inventory of hairy honeysuckles;...
- TPWD, nature conservancy experts collaborate on book of rare plants; book available online. // Breckenridge American;3/8/2008, Vol. 124, p5B
This article focuses on a guide that contains information about Texas' threatened plants was published by Texas Parks and Wildlife Department botanists. The guide also features photographs, line drawings and color maps. Other information found in the guide include physical description, habitat,...
- The battle for the foothills. Avram, Joshua // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;01/12/98, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p18
Focuses on the battle between old-timers and newcomers over their rush to purchase land in the foothills of Calgary, Alberta. The urge among many young, urban professionals to get their piece of the foothills and build their homes there; How the commercialization of the foothills is upsetting...
- Border war: Cities tussle over territory. Rollins, Brad // Free Press (Buda, TX);5/ 4/2011, Vol. 109 Issue 4, p1A
The article reports on the issues concerning the request filed by the LaSalle Municipal Utility District which demands Kyle city, Texas to abandon 1,160 land acres for the development of a subdivision in the area.
- Notice of Filing of Plats of Survey; Arizona. West, Danny A. // Federal Register;10/11/2011, Vol. 76 Issue 196, p62821
The article reports on the filing of the plats of survey of the described subdivisional lands in the Arizona State Office in Phoenix, Arizona.
- A Tale of Two Creeks. MOHLENBROCK, ROBERT H. // Natural History;Jun2012, Vol. 120 Issue 6, p40
The author examines how his years at Murphysboro High School in Murphysboro, Illinois, inspired him to be come a field botanist. He discusses how his teacher gathered a group of students to take field trips and study the wilderness of southern Illinois, and how later all of those students earned...
- New subdivision targets home-based businesses. Hatch, Addy // Journal of Business (10756124);06/14/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 13, pA10
Reports on North Idaho business man Bob Templin's development of a subdivision in Post Falls Idaho. Target clientele; Number of homes for the first phase of the development; Area's zoning classification.
- Liberty Lake site chosen for Showcase of Homes. Parish, Linn // Journal of Business (10756124);4/18/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 9, pA9
Reports the selection of the Estates at MeadowWood subdivision in Washington for the 2002 Showcase of Homes. Schedule for the showcase; Arrangement of the houses for the exhibition; Price range for the homes.