JUSTICE MICHAEL A. MUSMANNO AND CONSTITUTIONAL DISSENTS, 1967-68
- Untitled. // Time;10/25/1968, Vol. 92 Issue 17, p114
The article presents obituaries for several notable people including General Electric Co. president and board chairman Gerald L. Phillippe, actress Bea Benaderet, and lawyer Michael Angelo Musmanno.
- VERDICT (Book). Painter, John H. // California Law Review;Aug58, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p493
Reviews the non-fiction book 'Verdict,' by Michael A. Musmanno.
- TERMINATED. Rosen, Jeffrey // New Republic;6/12/95, Vol. 212 Issue 24, p12
Comments on the dissent of Justice Clarence Thomas to the U.S. Supreme Court decision to strike down congressional term limits as of June 1995. Peculiarity of Thomas's rhetoric; Reason behind the inability of Thomas to take a principled populist position; Stand of Thomas on the...
- PERSPECTIVES: NOTABLE DISSENTS IN STATE CONSTITUTIONAL CASES. Shepard, Randall T. // Albany Law Review;2005, Vol. 68 Issue 2, p337
Discusses the significance of dissent to law and the process of serving as a judge in state constitutional cases. Uses of a dissenting opinion; Benefits of dissent; Impact of dissents in majority opinions.
- Kinane v Mackie-Conteh. Dobson, Sally // Estates Gazette;2/12/2005, Issue 506, p140
Discusses the ruling of the British Court of Appeals on the constructive trust case of Kinane versus Mackie-Conteh. Information on the defense of the respondent to the charges filed by the appellant; Facts of the case; Reasons behind the ruling of the appellate court.
- Appellate Courts Differ In Viewing Additional PIP. Rogak, Lawrence N. // Insurance Advocate;8/4/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 29, p14
Reports on the varying decision of the appellate courts in viewing additional PIP in the U.S. Details of the lawsuit; Assessment of the subrogation claim; Court judgment.
- Appeals Court: Pa. College Didn't Violate Student's 1st Amendment Rights. Freedman, Eric // Community College Week;2/2/2004, Vol. 16 Issue 13, p10
Provides information on the case filed by Lee Feldman against the Community College of Allegheny County for alleged discrimination and breach of contract. Facts of the case; Ruling of the court; Dissenting opinion of Judge Edward Becker.
- THE VIRTUES OF UNCERTAINTY. Friedman, Lawrence // Albany Law Review;2005, Vol. 68 Issue 2, p373
Focuses on the use of the Fourth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution in a lawsuit challenging the validity of a Boston Police Department rule that authorizes the random drug testing of its officers in Massachusetts. Details of the Fourth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution; Dissenting opinion of...
- Explanation, Please. Lewis, Anthony // New Republic;12/4/61, Vol. 145 Issue 23, p9
Offers a look at the problems of federalism inherent in the statute and rules of the Kansas Supreme Court which effectively restrict the right of Kansas lawyers who practice in other states to practice in their own. Function of the Supreme Court; Description of a judicial decision expected to...