REASSESSING FAMILY RELATIONS LAW: ISSUES AND INQUIRIES IN THE STATE COURTS
- You be the Judge. Schorr, José // Saturday Evening Post;3/19/1960, Vol. 232 Issue 38, p48
Presents a case decision regarding the efforts of the husband for divorce on the grounds of abandonment from his wife.
- The Talking Circle with Sheila. // Eastern Door;1/4/2013, Vol. 21 Issue 51, p17
The article presents questions and answers related to family issues including trouble with grown up sister, and fight between a couple.
- You be the Judge. Schorr, José // Saturday Evening Post;2/15/1958, Vol. 230 Issue 33, p44
Focuses on the ruling of a Nebraska court on the case filed by a wife demanding for better maintenance within the home from her husband, including a larger allowance, remodeling of the house and a new car with good heater.
- Progressive civil union law in New Zealand. Walsh, Ed // Bay Area Reporter;4/7/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 14, p15
Focuses on the approval of a civil union law which grants gay couples all the rights afforded to married heterosexual couples in New Zealand. Evidence of the progressive attitude toward gays and lesbians.
- Loving and a Legacy of Difference. Veden, Mary Lynn // Conference Proceedings -- National Communication Association/Ame;2010, p535
The article discusses various cases which focused on marriage issues in the U.S. It outlines how the cases illustrate the important role of marriage as a major part of the greater civil rights and its evolving jurisprudence on the limits of state power on private lives. It examines the Supreme...
- WIFE MURDER IN CHICAGO: 1910-1930 . Bowman, Cynthia Grant; Altman, Ben // Journal of Criminal Law & Criminology;Spring/Summer2002, Vol. 92 Issue 3/4, p739
This article focuses on the murder of wives by their husbands in Chicago, Illinois during 1910-1930. Between 1910 and 1930, at least 391 women were intentionally killed by their husbands in Chicago. This is a relatively small subset of all the homicides in Chicago over this period, approximately...
- 2003 Section Meeting Calendar. // Family Advocate;Winter2003, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p49
Presents a schedule of meetings on family law in the U.S. from February to October 2003. ABA Midyear Meeting in Seattle, Washington State; Spring CLE Conference in Las Vegas, Nevada; Advanced Trial Advocacy Institute in Houston, Texas.
- YOU BE THE JUDGE. Schorr, José // Saturday Evening Post;1/13/1951, Vol. 223 Issue 29, p46
Presents a situational problem related to the financial responsibilities of a husband to his wife that requires legal judgment.
- Ä°slamiy etten Ã–nce TÃ¼rklerde Aile Hukuku. MANDALOğLU, Mehmet // Journal of Turkish Studies / TÃ¼rkiyat AraÅŸtÄ±rmalarÄ± Dergisi;bah2013, Issue 33, p133
Before Islam among the Turks the family is the basis of society. Family, in customs of Turkish legal system has a unique understanding of law. This understanding of family formation, customs, traditions and customs observed. TIk formation of the family, the wedding ceremony begins with, cutting...