- Rigases Lose Appeals Bid. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;5/28/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 22, p2
The article reports that former Adelphia Communications executives John and Timothy Rigas lost the appeals to their July 2004 conviction on federal conspiracy and fraud charges. The executives were convicted in federal court in Manhattan, New York in 2004 on 18 counts of conspiracy, securities...
- Adelphia brass headed to prison. Anderson, Kathleen // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;6/21/2005, Vol. 389 Issue 34, p3
This article reports that despite his pleas to the federal judge who oversaw his four-month fraud and conspiracy trial nearly a year ago, aging Adelphia Communications Corp. founder and former chairman John Rigas was given a 15-year prison sentence on Monday in a packed Manhattan, New York City...
- Adelphia: John, Timothy Rigas out; two grand juries probing. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/21/2002, Vol. 373 Issue 28, p64
Reports on the resignation of John Rigas and Timothy Rigas as chairman and chief financial officer respectively of Adelphia Communications Corp. in New York. Implication of the issue on the company; Percentage of share owned by the Rigas family; Indictment of members of the Rigas family.
- Jury pulls the plug on cable clan. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;7/9/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 4, p1
Reports that a jury convicted Adelphia Communications founder John Rigas and son Timothy on charges of conspiracy and securities fraud in July 2004. Deception of investors about the financial condition of the company before it went into bankruptcy; Acquittal of former Adelphia assistant...
- REPRIEVE FOR RIGAS. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;7/12/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 5, p5
Reports that a deadlocked jury could not decide whether to convict former Adelphia Communications Corp. chief operating officer Michael Rigas on fraud charges in connection with the collapse of the company in the U.S. Conviction of founder John Rigas and son Timothy of concocting a plot to...
- RIGAS DEBT WRANGLE. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;8/25/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 37, p4
Reports on the move of Adelphia Communications Corp. to demand payment of the debt incurred by its founder John Rigas and son Timothy Rigas through court order in the U.S. Total amount of the debt; Motives behind the company's move; Impact of the legal dispute on the company's plan to emerge...
- Judge OKs Retrial Of Mike Rigas. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;11/8/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 45, p8
Presents information on the dismissal of the federal charges against Michael Rigas, executive of Adelphia Communications Corp.; in November 2004. Violation of Rigas; Objection by the lawyers of Rigas to a retrial; Schedule for the sentencing of John and Timoth Rigas.
- Where the Rigases Might Spend Time. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;7/25/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 30, p32
Provides information on several correctional institutions where John and Timothy Rigas, former executives of Adelphia Communications Corp., will spend time while waiting for their appeal for conviction on fraud and conspiracy charges. McKean County Federal Correctional Institution in Bradford,...
- BIZ Briefs. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;6/27/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 26, p14
Presents news briefs on television broadcasting in the U.S. as of June 27, 2005. Conviction of Adelphia Communications founder John Rigas and his son Timothy for charges of fraud; Appointment of Michael Neuman as president and COO of EchoStar Communications.