- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;6/6/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 23, p3
Reports developments on the restaurant industry in the U.S. Agreement reached by Triarc Cos. Inc. to acquire RTM Restaurant Group; Death of steakhouse chain pioneer Arnold Morton at a nursing home in Deerfield, Illinois; Description of the new company-owned restaurant launched by Burger King Corp.
- Arby's franchisee sandwiched in fight. Papiernik, Richard L. // Nation's Restaurant News;5/20/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 20, p3
Reports the deal faced by Sybra Inc. with RTM Inc. and Triarc Cos. Inc. on the food industry in New York. Proposal of RTM to acquire Sybra; Announcement of Triarc for the pursuit of the Sybra franchise; Offer of Triarc to acquire the equity of Sybra.
- Arby's-RTM merger seen as buoying Triarc's profits. Hayes, Jack // Nation's Restaurant News;6/13/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 24, p1
Reports on the merger of Arby's LLC and its largest franchisee, RTM Restaurant Group. Expected profitability of franchisor Triarc Cos. Inc.; Suggestion that the new Arby's Restaurant Group could propel the fortunes of Arby's brand owner and Triarc Cos. Inc.; Creation of the Arby's powerhouse in...
- Arby's profits rise 34.7% as revs soar after acquisition. // Nation's Restaurant News;5/22/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 21, p16
The article reports on the increase in first quarter operating profit of Arby's restaurant chain franchiser Triarc Cos. Inc. The company's restaurant revenue gain primarily reflected the acquisition of RTM Restaurant Group, which contributed $205.9 million in sales for the first quarter ended...
- Triarc's low-ball buyout may be a bit frothy. Sanders, Lisa // Crain's New York Business;10/19/98, Vol. 14 Issue 42, p3
Assesses the stock-market prospects of consumer products firm Triarc Cos. Plan by top executives to take the company private at $18 per share; Food and beverage industry experts' views on the firm's future; History of Triarc executives Nelson Peltz and Peter May as leveraged buyout artists;...
- Triarc tries going private. // Beverage World;11/15/98, Vol. 117 Issue 1666, p22
Reports on the privatization of Triarc, umbrella corporation for Royal Crown, Snapple, Mistic and Cable Car. Selling of the company's outstanding shares; Price per share; Reason shareholders filed lawsuit against Chief Executive Officer Nelson Peltz and President and Chief Operating Officer...
- Wet Seal's Primo Performance. Wilson, Marianne // Chain Store Age;Nov2001, Vol. 77 Issue 11, p50
Focuses on the performance of Wet Seal company in the retail trade in the United States in 2001. Increase in the comparable-store sales of the company in August 2001; Marketing moves taken by the company in the 1990s; Decision of the company to build its brands following a decline in profits in...
- In Brief. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/19/2004, Vol. 188 Issue 12, p2
Presents news briefs on clothing retailers in Canada as of July 19, 2004. Clarification of the speculation on the selling of the Zeller division of Hudson's Bay Co. to Target Corp.; Decision of the board members of retailer La Senza Corp. to authorize the sale of its shares at Montreal,...
- Wet Seal Plans To Open More Stores. Lyster, Michael // Orange County Business Journal;8/23/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 34, p66
The article reports on the plan of Foothill Ranch, California-based mall retailer Wet Seal Inc. to look beyond a continued difficult retail market and to add more chain stores in the next few months of 2010 and 2011.