Energy Issuers Are Saviors in Equities
- PICC: investors flock to China. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;December 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 12, p99
Reports on the purchase of shares in China's general insurance initial public offering. Stock prices; Improvement of investor confidence; Growth in the premium insurance income.
- Deal Tracker: How to ensure IPO success. // FinanceAsia;Nov2013, p1
The article offers information on ensurance of success of initial public offering (IPO). It states that stock scarcity has enhanced the demand for the latest Malaysian IPO and U.S. investors embracing Chinese internet firms. It further details that Malaysian companies are required to set aside a...
- PICC: investors flock to China. // MarketWatch: Financial Services;December 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 12, p13
Reports that Western investors purchased shares during the initial public offering of People's Insurance Co. of China (PICC) in China. Western investors' increased interest in the insurance market of China; Price of PICC share; Income growth of the insurance market.
- The Winding Road To Reward. Rabinowitz, Daniel A. // Best's Review;Dec2004, Vol. 105 Issue 8, p116
Provides information about securities offerings that serves as a capital for mutual insurance companies in the U.S. Disclosure and due diligence processes associated with the offerings; Liquidity advantages of a public offering; Issuing stock, debt or other securities to investors in a public...
- Fads in the initial public offering market? Aggarwal, Reena; Rivoli, Pietra // FM: The Journal of the Financial Management Association;Winter1990, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p45
The article focuses on fads in the initial public offering (IPO) market. Early research related to IPOs documented the tendency of IPOs to provide abnormal returns to investors who purchased them at the initial offering. Refinements and extensions followed, including efforts to explain the...
- Hare or Tortoise? Reddig, Jr., William M. // Equities;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p46
Reports the stock market performance of Salon.com, an initial public offering company in San Francisco, California. Responsibilities of Michael O'Donnell as president and chief executive of the company; Significance of media exposure in attracting investors for the company; Need for research...
- Security Design in Initial Public Offerings*. CHAKRABORTY, ARCHISHMAN; GERVAIS, SIMON; YILMAZ, BILGE // Review of Finance;Apr2011, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p327
We investigate an IPO security design problem when information asymmetries across investors lead to a winnerï¿½s curse. Firms that are riskier in down markets can lower the cost of going public by using unit IPOs, in which equity and warrants are combined into a non-divisible package....
- Investors who go ga-ga for Google should reconsider. Hauke, Keenan // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/10/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p35
Reports on the decision of the founders of Google to conduct their initial public offering in a Dutch auction format in Indianapolis, Indiana. Stock prices; Investment opportunity of the capitalists; Assessment of the stock trading activity.
- Determinants of IPO Subscription in India. Jain, Neeta; Singh, Raj // Vilakshan: The XIMB Journal of Management;Sep2012, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p121
Research studies show that the rate of subscription in IPOs significantly affects pricing of stock. In view of the importance of subscription rate, the present study aims to find out the determinants of the subscription rate in India. In Indian IPO market the investors are divided into three...