PE Shops Put Money Where Mouths Are
- New gang gives A-list managers run for their money. JACOBIUS, ARLEEN // Pensions & Investments;11/25/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 24, p1
The article looks at the private equity industry, as of November 2013. It profiles mid-size private equity firms that it says are garnering strong institutional investor interest, including KPS Capital Partners LP and Sentinel Capital Partners LP. Large private equity firms including Kohlberg...
- Buying in to Manufacturing. // Industry Week/IW;Mar2011, Vol. 260 Issue 3, p14
The article cites the private equity company, Sentinel Capital Partners, which finds manufacturing industry in the U.S. attractive. It states that the company has invested in a series of manufacturing businesses that fit a profile of medium-size firms with established brands and good management...
- Buyout Bits from MERGERS unleashed. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Sep2008, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p30
The article offers new briefs related to corporate asset acquisitions in the U.S. in 2008. TSG Consumer Partners is targeting emerging consumer companies for its new dedicated investment fund, TSG Consumer Growth Fund. Kelso & Co. has finalized its investment vehicle, by taking in $5.1 billion...
- Quest FOR Returns Boosts Private Equity. Sweeney, Paul // Financial Executive;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p24
The article discusses the development of the merger and acquisition process in the United States. Private equity buyouts have become increasingly common and the marketplace for buying and selling ownership positions in companies has been increasingly streamlined. The standardization of company's...
- Sentinel Closes $258M Power Products Deal. Collins, Allison // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;12/16/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 50, p30
The article reports that private equity firm Sentinel Capital Partners and electric company Power Products successfully closed a 258 million U.S. dollars deal.
- Private equity has a hunger for food and drink brands. // Grocer;8/17/2013, p24
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Private Equity Deals Up As Trade Interest Slows" in the August 10, 2013 issue.
- HAVING WORDS WITH David S. Lobel. Jennings, Lisa // Nation's Restaurant News;10/21/2013, Vol. 47 Issue 20, p50
The article profiles David S. Lobel, founder and managing partner at Sentinel Capital Partners who was behind the firm's investment in Border Foods, Falcon Holdings and a controlling stake in Tony Rama.
- Sentinel Closes Fund V. NOTO, ANTHONY // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;8/5/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p31
The article reports that private equity firm Sentinel Capital Partners closed its fifth fund and plans to pursue add-on acquisitions for its current portfolio companies including Colson Group Inc., a manufacturer of industrial casters and wheels, and restaurant chain Huddle House Inc.
- Retailers Eye Turnaround. Marino, Jonathan // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;2/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p9
The article discusses the highlights of the Argyle Executive Forum Conference-2010 Deal Making in Retail held in New York City on February 11, 2010. John Kenney of TSG Consumer Partners discussed the better performance of companies that they are seeing in the fourth quarter of 2009. Conference...