Street May Swallow A 10% Pay Cut in 2005
- Trading up. Reinfield, Margaret R. // ABA Banking Journal;Jul87, Vol. 79 Issue 7, p32
Reports preference of banks to venture into investment banking in the U.S. Focus of banks on capital markets trading; Influence of the volatility in interest rates and foreign exchange rates on trading profit; Implications of regulatory roadblocks.
- European Loan Market Becomes More Credit Conscious. Iyer, Savita // Bank Loan Report;11/14/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 43, p10
Reports on the status of the European loan market. Advantages of the continued positive conditions in the market for bankers and investors; Implication of the increased interest of U.S. investors to the market; Position of the market's leveraged loan sector.
- Latin S&Ls Turn Mattress Hoards Into Homes. Speetles, Robert // Columbia Journal of World Business;Jan/Feb68, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p69
According to the article author various savings and loan systems have brought the idle funds into the mainstream of the various national economies-not as an artificial injection of money to bolster currency deficits but as newly generated sources of private capital. The funds are not channeled...
- Interest rate swaps. Tippett, Tanja // Finweek;3/20/2008, Special section p12
The article outlines the significance of interest rate swaps (IRS) to investment banks in South Africa. Investors used IRS for years to manage their liabilities. IRS are over-the-counter (OTC) contracts where a fixed interest rate payment is periodically exchanged for a floating rate interest...
- Loop hires muni veteran to oversee New York investment-banking office. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;04/20/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30623, p35
Announces the appointment of Bill Sadowski as managing director of investment banking in the New York City office of Loop Capital Markets. Duties and responsibilities; Emphasis on issuers in New York City and New York State.
- Danatama Makmur: Indonesia's leading investment banking solutions. // FinanceAsia;Nov2008 Outbound M&A bridges the, p20
The article focuses on PT Danatama Makmur (Danatama), a leading investment banking solutions in Indonesia founded in April 1884, which has earned itself a reputation as a dynamic, innovative, and successful bank, and is the most recognized in the Indonesian capital market. It says Danatama has...
- Structuring ways for the state to share its riches. // Finweek;9/28/2006 Supplement, p49
The article focuses on current economic condition in Namibia that if it restructures ways for the state, it will lead over South Africa. According to NedCapital MD Steve Galloway, its expertise lies in the fields of investment banking, specialized finance, debt capital markets, equity capital...
- United Capital Markets maps growth plans. K.D. // Asset Securitization Report;2/28/2005, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p1
The article reports that at this year's ABS West 2005 conference, United Capital Markets Inc. president John Devaney outlined his firm's expansion plans in the coming 12 to 24 months, although few of the chattering conference attendees were listening. Following the recent hiring of CFO Linda...
- Wachovia Forks More than $25 Million For Research Dispute. O'Connor, Colleen Marie // Private Placement Letter;7/10/2006, Vol. 24 Issue 27, p1
The North American Securities Administrators Association has announced that Wachovia Capital Markets agreed to pay a total of 25 million dollars to settle charges of research-related conflicts of interest. Wachovia will pay 20 million dollars for failing to supervise its employees in connection...