Parmalat Vote Nears: Creditors Cry "Foul"
- Lenders Upset Over Parmalat Outcome, May Affect Italian Deals. O'Connor, Collen Marie // Bank Loan Report;6/13/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 23, p9
Focuses on the dismay of creditors regarding the restructuring plan of the collapsed Parmalat Finanziaria SpA, a large dairy company in Italy. Concern of foreign creditors regarding the way Italian administrators handle the restructuring; Terms of the creditor agreement; Negative effect of the...
- Litigation pushes Parmalat legal expenses to â‚¬100m. O'Connor, Joanne // Lawyer;4/11/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 14, p3
The article reports that legal fees for Parmalat SpA's restructuring are on track to rise to an estimated pound 68.7m as the company prepares for its delayed listing on the Milan Stock Exchange. The chief beneficiary of the fees bonanza is, unsurprisingly, Gianni Origoni, Grippo & Partners,...
- Parmalat advisers jostle for legal fees as wind-up hits snag. // Lawyer;2/9/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the reimbursement of legal fees for lawyers of the creditors of bankrupt Italian food group, Parmalat, following a failed attempt to reorganize the company. Set-up of a creditors committee by the debtor to reimburse the law firms; Deliberation on amount of fees to be paid.
- Is there a future for Parmalat? // Food & Drink Technology;Jan2004, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p7
Reports on the bankruptcy of food group Parmalat in Italy. Sales performance of the company; Determination of its stock exchange; Factors contributing to business failure.
- Foreign Creditors Upset Over Parmalat Outcome. O'Connor, Collen Marie // High Yield Report;6/13/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p3
Reports on the concerns of foreign creditors about the potential recovery of their investments in the bankrupt dairy company, Parmalat Finanziaria SpA. Belief of foreign creditors about the advantage afforded to Italian creditors in the negotiations; Position of hedge funds in asset recovery;...
- Insolvency Changes Attract US Players. O'Connor, Colleen Marie // High Yield Report;11/15/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 44, p2
Reports on the bankruptcy claims filed by Parmalat Finanziara SpA in Italy. Significance of the insolvency process on recovery of the company; Implications of the changes in insolvency laws in European countries on investors; Benefits of the volatility in price movement for capitalists and...
- Parmalat news keeps on trickling in. C. M. O. // Private Placement Letter;3/22/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p10
The article reports that Parmalat SpA's government appointed administrator announced plans to emerge a slimmed down beverage company from the bankrupt entity still wallowing in fraud scandals. In an outline of restructuring plans, Parmalat would seek to swap most of its $18 billion in debt for...
- Debt of latitude. Segal, Nick // Lawyer;1/15/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p32
The author reflects on the impact of the U.S. bankruptcy practice on Great Britain and European financial restructurings. The author inferred that the schemes for financially distressed debtors is one aspect of the restructuring law in Europe where there is an increasing pressure to adopt the...
- PERSONAL INSOLVENCY. DELEANU, Diana // International Conference : CKS - Challenges of the Knowledge Soc;2015, p225
In 2014 a draft bill on personal insolvency reached public debate, stirring controversy in both financial and academic environment. The current paper aims at analyzing the merits and weak points of the draft bill.