A Ray of Hope In Convert Market
- PUSHING THROUGH A BOTTOM. O'Connor, Colleen Marie // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/7/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 42, p22
The article reports that despite the poor performance of convertibles in 2005, convertible market professionals see a number of indications that the market will recover. One indicator is that traditional investors are starting to return into market, replacing some of the hedge fund investors....
- Is the Convert party Drawing to a Close? Johnson, Mark // Global Finance;Jun2002, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p44
Assesses the market for convertible bonds in Europe. Factors contributing to the growth rate in the market; Reason for hedge funds' acquisition of convertible bonds; Comparison between investment grade bonds in the U.S. and Europe.
- THE TOXIC CONVERTIBLE: ESTABLISHING MANIPULATION IN THE WAKE OF SHORT SALES. Nayini, Deepa // Emory Law Journal;Winter2005, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p721
Discusses toxic convertibles in the United States. Way in which an investor who buys a toxic convertible can manipulate the market for the underlying stock by aggressively selling the stock short; Purpose of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934; Use of the act as a legitimate tool to police...
- Bite Comes Back into Convertibles Market. O'Connor, Colleen Marie // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/3/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 37, p7
Examines investor activity in the convertibles market in the United States. Convertible bond offering from U.S. Airways Group; Convertible from MetLife in June 2005; Focus on junk-rated issuers.
- Convertibles Down, Hedge Funds Still Rise. Willcox, Kathleen // Investment Management Weekly;3/4/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p1
Reports the trend in convertible arbitrage and hedge fund in 2001.
- Coupons Boost Convert Market. Tunick, Britt Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/1/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 44, p10
Reports on the increase in demand for convertibles during the last quarter of 2003. Factors leading to the increase in convertible demand; Strategy of some companies in issuing coupons; Risks associated with convertible coupons.
- Credit crunch in U.S. good news for derivatives. // SCTWeek;11/5/2007, Vol. 12 Issue 44, p3
The article reports on the claim of retail real estate experts that the 2007 credit crunch will speed acceptance in the U.S. of derivatives, financial instruments that allow investors to profit from market volatility. But according sources, the U.S. derivatives have yet to catch on, largely...
- Most Hedge Funds Remain Registered. Glover, Hannah // Money Management Executive;01/15/2007, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p1
The article reports that majority of the U.S. hedge funds have remained registered after a fight for the right to remain unregistered. Only 10% of hedge fund advisors that signed up with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) before February 2006 deadline preferred to withdraw. The...
- Volatile times call for convertible solution. Basile, Davide // Fund Strategy;Apr2015, p13
The article provides the author's perspective on issues in the financial markets, such as diverging monetary policy and rising volatility. He offers an overview about convertible bonds, an asset class which are well positioned in delivering investors attractive risk-adjusted returns. He also...