- Traveling through transitions. Trahant, Bill; Burke, W. Warner // Training & Development;Feb96, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p37
Presents a survey for assessing an organization's readiness for change. Growing pressure on human resource professionals to be managers of change; Importance of taking a close look at the organization and its interrelationships; Case in point; Vision issues; Keys to success; Harmony and...
- LESSONS LEARNED. // Managing People at Work;Feb2010, Issue 335, p4
The article offers suggestions on how might companies prepare for and manage employees to comply on organizational change.
- Overcoming employee resistance to change. Pollock, Ted // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Mar1998, Vol. 110 Issue 3, p10
Presents tips on overcoming resistance of employees to change. Advice from financier Bernard Baruch; Importance of informing the employee and ensuring understanding.
- How to overcome organizational resistance to change. Calish, Irving G.; Gamache, R. Donald // Management Review;Oct81, Vol. 70 Issue 10, p21
Presents advice on how to overcome organizational resistance to change. Inevitability of change; Need to change the mental and emotional attitudes of top echelon policy shapers; Major identifiable blocks to acceptance of change; Misconceptions about change and implementation of change. INSET:...
- The ultimate downsize: A retailer's story. Cox, Carol // Business Quarterly;Autumn93, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p76
Asserts that a well-planned and open communications strategy for all employees is the key to successful organizational change or restructuring. Case of Canadian retail giant Dylex Ltd.; Clear definition of accountabilities; Distribution of job search guide; Creation of a job action center. ...
- DoD Downsizing Reforms Make Progress. // Government Executive;Dec98, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p10
Looks at the impact of public-private competitions between 1997 and 2003 on United States Department of Defense (DoD) jobs. Views of Deputy Defense Secretary John Hamre on public-private competition; Information on DoD reform strategies.
- Overcoming resistance to change. UMBLE, MICHAEL; UMBLE, ELISABETH // Industrial Management;Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p16
The article discusses how business managers can successfully carry out change initiatives in their organizations. The involvement of uncertainty in significant change in organizations and how it will affect their employees is explained. Particular focus is given how to motivate employees accept...
- The Human Side of Merger Planning: Assessing and Analyzing "Fit" Mirvis, Philip H.; Marks, Mitchell Lee // Human Resource Planning;1992, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p69
Recent research outlines several prescriptions for improving merger planning and preparation, among the recommendations are to involve line managers early on in the search process, to get executives on both sides together as soon as possible, to analyze possible synergies and preview potential...
- Lead Your Skin Care Facility Through Major Change. Hughes, Danita Johnson // Skin, Inc.;Dec2011, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p34
The article offers leadership guidelines in managing personnel in skin care skin care facilities. It states that undergoing any type of externally motivated change need both courage and planning. It highlights several suggestions for making change process easier and successful including...