The wrong buttons
- Call centres: the new factories. Slee, Chris // Green Left Weekly;1/30/2013, Issue 951, p10
The article discusses the reasons behind the stressful environment for employees in call centers which include micromanagement, lack of proper training sessions and inadequate computer systems.
- Life support. Albertson, David // Employee Benefit News;Dec99, Vol. 13 Issue 14, p34
Discusses the importance of human resources (HR) call centers to balance outsourcing and employee self-service strategies. Findings of Tower Perrin's 1999 Service Center Survey and Forum; Differences in the choice of location for call centers; Discussion on the staffing criteria as one of the...
- 5 Tips to Help You Find Time in Your Contact Center. Jackson, Kathryn E. // Multichannel Merchant Exclusive Insight;2/1/2012, p3
The author offers tips to merchants on how to develop a leadership time planner for effective contact center management. Some of the common responsibilities in contact center management are real time management, human performance management and financial management. The author suggests that...
- Centres of excellence. Russell, Teresa // Personnel Today;1/23/2007, p24
The article discusses the challenges which are encountered by human resource departments in the management of personnel employed in help desks, control rooms and call centers in Great Britain. It has been accounted that employee engagement is the best practice to manage personnel in a large...
- HOT Training. Sisson, Gary R. // Executive Excellence;Mar2002, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p15
Discusses the procedures of implementing successful hands-on training for employees. Reviewing of notes for inexperienced person; Introduction of the subject and discussion of its importance; Evaluation of the performance of the employees during the training.
- Met support services to go under hammer. // People Management;08/08/96, Vol. 2 Issue 16, p6
Reports that 2,000 civilian jobs may be contracted out to the private sector in an effort to cut cost, according to a review of support functions in the Metropolitan Police. Criticism about the report's outcome; Recommendation of the review regarding the training of personnel; Subject that will...
- Training. // People Management;11/21/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 23, p12
Presents information on several training projects related with human resource management. British government's effort on lack of engineering skills; Initiative on accreditayion for volunteers; Difficulties of tourism industry to raise its employer image.
- Why the training trade needs a toolkit of terms. Harrison, Roy // People Management;8/28/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 17, p47
Argues that the training profession needs a common language in order to measure success and recognize achievements in the training of employees in Great Britain. Examples of terms used in the training profession; Problem with the trends in employee training tracked by the British Department for...
- A TECHNICAL INSTRUCTOR'S METHOD/MEDIA SELECTION GUIDE. Herem, Maynard A. // Training & Development Journal;Aug78, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p44
Presents guidelines for selecting methods and media for use in employee training programs. Proper placement of the decision process in the program-development cycle; Types of learning needed by trainees; Method/media selection flowgram.