- Uprating of SSP and SMP. // Accountancy;Feb1993, Vol. 111 Issue 1194, p97
Reports on the rate changes for statutory sick pay and statutory maternity pay in Great Britain, starting on April 1, 1993.
- SSP and SMP--simplification measures announced. // Accountancy;Dec1995, Vol. 116 Issue 1228, p111
Reports that the British government is to introduce measures in 1996 and 1997 to simplify the Statutory Sick Pay and the Statutory Maternity Pay Schemes. Provision of rules that will ensure that employees' incomes during periods of sickness are protected.
- STATUTORY PAYMENTS AND COMPENSATION LIMITS. // Accountancy;Feb2011, Vol. 147 Issue 1410, p76
The article reports on the proposal to increase compensation limits for the employment tribunal in Great Britain in 2011 in addition to the proposed new rates for statutory sick pay and statutory maternity.
- Dems' next big issue. Wheeler, Lydia // Hill;1/13/2015, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p1
The article reports on a proposed bill by the U.S. Democrats for mandatory maternity and sick paid leaves in the country in 2016.
- How to legally manage pregnancy and maternity leaves. // HR Specialist: Illinois Employment Law;Jul2009, Vol. 3 Issue 7, p4
The article offers insights on managing pregnancy and maternity leaves in the U.S. It highlights the important role of human resources (HR) supervisors to know what they must do when an employee is announcing that she is pregnant under federal anti-discrimination and leave laws. According to the...
- Employment taxes update. // Accountancy;Oct2006, Vol. 138 Issue 1358, p92
News briefs related the developments in employment taxes are presented. From October 1, 2006, the Work and Families Act (WAFA) 2006 extends rights to statutory maternity pay (SMP) and statutory adoption pay (SAP) for anyone whose expected week of childbirth or placement is on or after April 1,...
- Paid Family and Medical Leave. ALBELDA, RANDY; MANDELL, BETTY REID // New Politics;Winter2010, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p24
The article discusses the U.S. Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) that followed the Alternative Work Schedules Act (AWSA), which was originally intended as an energy conservation measure. The FMLA is the culmination of efforts by political activists to change the AWSA from a conservation...
- IN FOCUS. // Employers Law;Apr2008, p9
This section offers news briefs related to labor laws and legislation in Great Britain. The Sex Discrimination Act 1975 (SDA) was amended so that harassment need only be related to a victim's sex to contravene the SDA. In a case, the Employment Appeal Tribunal (EAT) held that an employer is...
- L.-P. v. EPO. // Judgments of the Administrative Tribunal of the ILO;2015, Issue 3471-3560, p1
The article discusses a judgment by the International Labour Organization (ILO) Administrative Tribunal in the case L.-P. v. EPO in which Mrs C. L-P. filed lawsuit against European Patent Organisation (EPO) on September 24, 2015. It mentions that complainant is a permanent employee of EPO due to...