A rota-driven flight
- Is There a persistence Problem? Part 2: Maybe Not. Koenig, Evan F. // Economic & Financial Review;2000 4th Quarter, p11
Part II. Looks at labor market imperfections as a possible source of the persistence problem of monetary policy shocks. Model economy; Wage and price adjustment; Potential role of staggered wage contracts in solving the persistence problem.
- Revisiting the Australia-New Zealand Comparison. Barry, Michael; Wailes, Nick // New Zealand Journal of Employment Relations;Oct2005, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p1
Labour market regulation in Australia and New Zealand has proceeded along a similar trajectory, sometimes intersecting and other times appearing to take divergent paths. Interest in comparing both systems of labour market regulation peaked in the 1980s and early 1990s when there was a marked...
- KEY FACTS & FIGURES. Karanth, Kamal // Human Capital;Jul2011, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p38
The article offers recruitment-related news briefs worldwide including the success of temporary staffing agency founded by William Russell Kelly, the shift of employment scenario at the employment contract industry and the addition of 300 million people in the labour market in India in 2025.
- Temp work opens screen doors. Friend, David; Hirsch, Lisa // Daily Variety;9/26/2005, Vol. 288 Issue 59, pA7
Reports on the importance of temporary and job placement agencies in Los Angeles, California. Assistance given to the unemployed searching for a job. Benefits offered to the companies; Avoidance to alleged unpaid labor.
- Businesses say foreigners needed to meet labor demand. Soule, Alexander // Westchester County Business Journal;3/26/2007, Vol. 46 Issue 14, p1
The article reports the necessity to meet the labor demand for foreigners working in Westchester, New York. The federal government offers the H-1B program which allows companies to temporarily employ foreign workers who have at least the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor's degree and who specialize...
- Information Technology Services: Agencies Complying with Revision to Federal Acquisition Regulation: GAO-03-32. Powner, David A. // GAO Reports;12/18/2002, p1
Concerned that minimum personnel experience or education requirements in agency solicitations for information technology (IT) services were contributing to worker shortages, Congress included a provision in the fiscal year 2001 Defense authorization act requiring that the Federal Acquisition...
- China's new Labour Contract Law: No harm to employment? Chen, Yu-Fu; Funke, Michael // China Economic Review (1043951X);Sep2009, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p558
Abstract: In January 2008, China adopted a new labour contract law. This new law represents the most significant reform to the legislation on employment relations in mainland China in more than a decade. The paper provides a theoretical framework on the inter-linkages between labour market...
- 2. Business Practice and Development: 2.4. The Labour Market. // Doing Business with Spain;2001, p71
Chapter 2.4 of the book "Doing Business in Spain" is presented. It focuses on the structure of the labour market and on the unemployment rate in Spain. It discusses the types of employment contracts which can be used to hire employees including unlimited contract, part-time contract and practice...
- Le Contrat Ã DurÃ©e IndÃ©terminÃ©e (CDI) dans la tourmente de l'entreprise flexible. Pichon, Alain // Revue des Sciences de Gestion;mar/avr2008, Issue 230, p53
Having called back the configuration of the employment and the dynamics of trajectories of the flexible firms, the contribution shows how, in France, the dismissal became a means of management of the workforce. This situation pre figures the configuration of employment to come, and the...