Firms slow to see benefits of recruitment technology
- Artificial Intelligence and HRD: A Paradigm Shift. Putman, Anthony O.; Bell, Chip R.; van Zwieten, John B. // Training & Development Journal;Aug87, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p28
Discusses the use of artificial intelligence device (AIDE) in human resource development (HRD). Paradigm shift in HRD brought about by AIDE; Development and implementation of AIDE.
- Storm warning. Abernathy; Allerton, Donna // Training & Development;Nov99, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p38
Elaborates on trends that will affect the human resource development profession in the United States. Demographic changes that signal a need for continual training; Impact of the digital revolution on sectors of education and training industry; Business opportunities through information technology.
- Researches on Resource Allocation of Virtual Enterprise Based on Multi-Agent. Wang Ni; Zhang Tianrui; Cai Dongdong; Li Kai // Key Engineering Materials;2014, Vol. 621, p719
The resource allocation problems of virtual enterprise were analyzed by introducing the content of the virtual enterprise resource management and classifications. From the task decomposition of virtual enterprise, the enterprise business process reengineering (BRP) and enterprise resource...
- A machine learning approach to process improvement in a telecommunications company. Cox, Tony; Bell, George // Annals of Operations Research;1996, Vol. 65 Issue 1-4, p21
Redesigning and improving business processes to better serve customer needs has become a priority in service industries as they scramble to become more competitive. This paper describes an approach to process improvement that is being developed collaboratively by applied researchers at US WEST,...
- Compensation Consequences of Reengineering. Tullar, William L. // Journal of Applied Psychology;Dec98, Vol. 83 Issue 6, p975
The effects of business process reengineering (hereinafter reengineering) on the worth of jobs in 2 separate branches of a beverage and food distribution company were investigated. Using job descriptions gathered before and after a reengineering change effort, student raters were asked to rate...
- Transforming human resources. Connolly, Thomas R.; Mardis, Walter // Management Review;Jun97, Vol. 86 Issue 6, p10
Suggests that making human resources (HR) a strategic business partner can be done based on the study of companies undertaken by Mercer Management. Reason why companies are using reengineering and downsizing; Emerging organizational model for Human Resources; Three characteristics that...
- HR Fire Fighters. Parmenter, David // New Zealand Management;May2001, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p34
Explores how human resource (HR) personnel can spend more of their time for strategic and advisory issues. Participation of HR professionals in cross-functional projects; Importance of encouraging the involvement of chief executive officers in HR; Training of the HR staff in business process...
- The Human Side of Change Leadership. Folaron, Jim // Quality Progress;Apr2005, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p39
The article focuses on the human side of change leadership. The importance of the human side of change cannot be underestimated. If the human element is neglected or left to chance, the improved process implementation can be prolonged, the change effort can become more frustrating, the resulting...
- Desarrollo de los RR.HH. Cruz, Juan Carlos Vacas // Capital Humano;Dec2010, Vol. 23 Issue 249, p24
No abstract available.