Health and Safety
- Recruitment. // People Management;5/14/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p15
Presents information on several issues concerning recruitment of employees. Disadvantage of long interview process on companies; Details on the transfer of British Steel staffs to computer business consultancy Cap Gemini; Campaign on skill shortage among older employees.
- Bridging the gap. // Works Management;Jun2013, Vol. 66 Issue 6, p35
The article offers information on the professional life of the Nick Garrett, who is working Beamex Inc., a British company that is specializes in calibration equipment, software and systems. It informs that Garrett began his career as an instrument apprentice at British Steel Corp., attaining a...
- Health and safety. // People Management;01/26/95, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p16
Focuses on the health and safety of workers in Great Britain. Call for legislation against bullying at work; Number of fatalities involving staff and students in the education sector; 1995 `Working for Health' awards.
- Health and safety. // People Management;05/18/95, Vol. 1 Issue 10, p13
Features several issues related to health and safety of employees in Britain. Campaign against Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI) by a medical research charity, Action Research; Introduction of the book `The Economic and Social Impact of AIDS in Europe;' Purpose of the booklet `Health Risk...
- Cashing in on safety. Laabs, Jennifer J. // Workforce;Aug97, Vol. 76 Issue 8, p53
Deals with rewarding employees for safety as a business strategy that keeps workers' compensation costs and injury rates down. Reasons for safety recognition program; Problems caused by downsizing; Importance of implementing a safety-awareness program.
- WORKPLACE WATCHDOGS. Fry, Pat // World & I;Apr2002, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p304
Discusses experts' observations on health and safety issues in the workplace. Most common affliction relating to computer use; Issue of waste reduction through recycling; Issue of fixed asset protection.
- Health and safety. // People Management;5/28/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p17
Presents news briefs on safety and health of employees in the United Kingdom. Amount given to a sales assistant at Marks and Spencer company who was forced to remove her leg as a results of an accident at work; Estimated cost of sickness absence in 1997; Information on a research study...
- Q & A. // Waste News;05/18/98, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p8
Questions whether waste and recycling industries protect workers' health and safety. Information on the health and safety plans developed by the Olmsted County Integrated Solid Waste Program in Minnesota; Comments from Philip DiBella, president of DiBella Sanitation Incorporated.
- Occupational hazards. Huber, Janean // Entrepreneur;Nov93, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p12
Reports on a survey on workplace safety released in July 1993 by the US Public Health Service. Ailments and injuries common in the workplace; Age range of victims.