Bodies line up to attack white paper
- People. // Modern Railways;Jan2016, Vol. 73 Issue 808, p95
The article announces career development of executiuves in the railroad industry in Great Britain including the appointments of John Perry as group manager of Mott MacDonald, John Cridland as Transport for the North Partnership Board chairman, and Elizabeth de Jong as Rail Delivery Group manager.
- CBI hits back at train to gain claim. // e.learning age;Jul/Aug2008, p6
The article reports on the response of CBI to claims by the British government that the training programme Train to Gain was not being properly used by employers. CBI argued that the programme was not the finished article. According to John Cridland, CBI Deputy Director-General, many employers...
- Best Value review must address staff transfer issues, CBI warns. McHugh, Joseph // Public Finance;11/23/2001, p16
Focuses on the recommendation of John Cridland, deputy director general of the CBI on the review of Best Value in Great Britain. Effect of the increase in outsourcing on the terms and conditions of employees; Issue on two-tier workforce; Advice on the use of constructive approach.
- NEW FIGHT FOR VOTING RIGHTS. Gibeaut, John // ABA Journal;Jan2006, Vol. 92 Issue 1, p42
The article deals with challenges and opposition to the Voting Rights Act of 1965 of the U.S. It offers information on the impact of the law on the participation of minorities in the electoral process. It speculates on the chances for reauthorization of the act by the Supreme Court. It presents...
- On the NLG and the New McCarthyism. Wolfe, Zak // Guild Notes;Spring2003, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p5
Reports on the adoption of the McCarthy resolution by the National Lawyer Guild in the U.S. Increase in the level of red-baiting of the anti-war movement; Identification of Communist-front organizations; Assault on civil rights.
- Sociology. MACGREGOR, R. R. // America;8/22/1925, Vol. 33 Issue 19, p456
The author justifies his position that there are limitations to voters' rights in the U.S. in 1925. He notes that his assertion was intended to apply in general and not specifically to America's voters. He challenges his critic to present a solution to the present anomalous system of voting and...
- Should District Be Given Local Suffrage? Con. Rodgers, W. L. // Congressional Digest;Dec27, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p343
The right to suffrage is valuable as a means to obtain good government. At present there is an excellent form of government in the District of Columbia, U.S. and there is no need of the suffrage. However, the abstract right to suffrage, in practice it is very largely an unfulfilled obligation....
- A Time For Politics. Mahajan, Romi // Siliconindia;Oct2003, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p62
Shares an author's view on the Indian-Americans' civil rights in the mainstream of the American society. Contributions to their home country; Involvement in the political scene; Trends of backlash against Indians and India in the U.S.
- De por quÃ© los mexicanos se asocian y participan en organizaciones civiles. SOMUANO, FERNANDA // Foro Internacional;oct-dic2012, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p937
No abstract available.