Polygram offers _GCP_24m to stem exodus of key staff
- Shifts in U.K. classical biz as Lewis exits Decca. White, Adam; Hunter, Nigel; Bambarger, Bradley // Billboard;10/03/98, Vol. 110 Issue 40, p96
Reports that PolyGram Classics & Jazz president Chris Roberts is temporarily taking over Decca Records. Departure of the classical label's president, Roger Lewis; Lewis' plans and accomplishments at Decca; Career highlights.
- Stay bonuses: M&A's golden carrot. Harrison, Joan // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p10
Discusses how well-crafted compensation packages can coax key employees in the United States to stay and perform during mergers and acquisitions. Determination of employee compensation; Need to tie bonuses to performance; Effectiveness of performance-linked compensation in retaining employees.
- Corporate merger, organizational form, and control of labor. Bárcena-Ruiz, Juan Carlos; Begoña Garzón, María // Spanish Economic Review;2000, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p129
Abstract. This paper shows that, when two firms merge, the increase in the bargaining strength of the multiproduct firm arising from the merger when negotiating uniform wages with the workers is one of the reasons that account for corporate mergers. Moreover, there is a strategic variable that...
- Moving lock, stock and associate. BUSHEY, CLAIRE // Crain's Chicago Business;4/27/2015, Vol. 38 Issue 17, p0003
The article focuses on the move of law firms to recruit entire practice groups. It cites the number of mergers involving firms in Chicago, Illinois since 2009. Also mentioned are the advantages of group hires, the reason for the accelerating trend of group moves, and the challenge of hiring a...
- You may not need to find a new job if your company merges or is acquired. Steen, Margaret // InfoWorld;11/29/99, Vol. 21 Issue 48, p104
Presents tips for employees of a company that is involved in a merger or acquisition. Impact of company mergers and acquisitions to employees; Issues to consider.
- Philips to Sell CSI Business to Bosch. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct2002, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p14
Reports the plan of Philips to sell business unit Communication, Security & Imaging to Bosch Sicherheitssysteme GmbH. Impact of the plan on employees; Security of the systems; Components of video surveillance.
- Survey says. . . Cain, Sandi // Orange County Business Journal;06/07/99, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p78
Presents the results of a survey on the importance of employee retention in merger and acquisition activities conducted by Watson Wyatt Worldwide in the United States, China, Korea, the Philippines, Singapore and Brazil. Factors critical in merger and acquisition integration plan; Statistics on...
- M&A Side Effect: Higher Salaries. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jul2010, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p6
The article reports that employees at U.S. target companies received high salaries after a merger.
- Merger Activity and Wage Levels in U.S. Manufacturing. PEOPLES JR., JAMES // Journal of Labor Research;Spring89, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p183
This study uses micro data from the 1981 March Current Population Survey and incorporates industry merger information from the 1979 FTC Large Mergers and Acquisitions Series to examine the relationship between merger activity and wage levels in U.S. manufacturing. These data sources provide the...