Bound not to work
- Fired or quit? Lissy, William E. // Supervision;Apr96, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p20
Presents case studies on the issue of whether an employee actually was fired or quit of his own accord. Intent to quit as key to the question of resignation or discharge; Arbitrator's treatment of a resignation as a discharge if an intent to quit is not present; Peck vs. Sony; McDonald vs....
- Why staff really leave. Faragher, Jo // Personnel Today;1/22/2008, p22
The article presents information on a survey on employee attrition, along with a case study on Kent County Council-introduced exit questionnaires. According to the survey, employee's real reasons for leaving a job are quite different to why human resource (HR) thinks they go. The survey further...
- LATE RACING NEWS. // AutoWeek;06/25/2001, Vol. 51 Issue 27, p45
Reports developments related to automobile racing as of June 2001. Resignation of Alain Bertaut as vice-president of L'Automobile Club de L'Quest; Details on the first Indian pilot to drive a Formula One car; Contract agreement between Ferrari SpA and Fila.
- Ontario breach of contract and fiduciary duty decision reversed. Aston, R. Lee // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Mar1994, Vol. 195 Issue 3, p16HH
Reports on the Ontario Court of Appeals' reversal of the lower court's decision on case of `Ontex Resources Ltd. vs. Metalore Resources Ltd.' for alleged flagrant breaches of contract, fiduciary duty, fraud and misuse of confidential information. Background of the case; Evidences presented...
- Restaurant quarrel. // Crain's New York Business;7/31/95, Vol. 11 Issue 31, p23
Informs about a prospective break in the relationship between restaurateur Pino Luongo and the Pressman family over a failed deal for a restaurant deal. Information about the deal.
- A HEARTFELT THANKS. Ross, Jeanne W. // MIS Quarterly Executive;2008, Vol. 7 Issue 4, piii
The article announces various reports published within the issue including one by Erran Carmel about an overview of the Chinese outsourcing industry and another on a SIM award-winning case study on the Sprint Nextel merger.
- No recovery if contract is clear, straight-forward. Gold, Lessing E. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;May98, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p151
Presents information on liability or breech of contracts within the security industry. Detailed look at the limitations of contracts pertaining to alarm companies; Details on a case study involving a plaintiff who entered a fire monitoring alarm contract; Information on the ruling of the court.
- Two N.Y. towns cancel contracts. Clancy, David // Waste News;01/19/98, Vol. 3 Issue 35, p9
Focuses on Cheektowaga's termination of a waste-disposal contract with American Ref-Fuel Company of Niagara Falls, New York. Reference to the town of Marilla terminating its agreement in December 1997 with American Ref-Fuel; Comments from Nate Neil, attorney for the Marilla Town Board.
- Valid release agreement. Lissy, William E. // Supervision;Dec1991, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p18
Presents a case on release agreement by discussing that of an employee with 26 years of service who was informed that her position and all similar positions were being eliminated. Background information on the case; The Fifth Circuit Court's decision on the case.