- It Pays to Be Creative. Chanen, Jill Schachner // ABA Journal;Sep2000, Vol. 86 Issue 9, p70
Deals with compensation packages offered by law firms to recruit and retain lawyers and associates. Incentives used by low-paying law firms; Salary and incentive package offered by Verner & Brumley to its lawyers.
- Slicing the pie. Milstone, Erik // ABA Journal;Apr96, Vol. 82 Issue 4, p26
Discusses the inconsistencies of salaries and compensations due to associate lawyers in the United States. Salary payment systems used by different law firms; Base rewards on rainmaking and billing; Tailoring of a compensation plan for associate lawyers; Law firm officials' comments.
- Attorneys Fees. Nussbaum, Frank; Tell, Meah Rothman // Dispute Resolution Journal;Feb-Apr2000, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p56
Describes the benefits of arbitration and suggest model clauses and provisions to refine arbitration process in the areas of attorneys' fees and enforcement of awards. Advantages of arbitration; Issues involved in the determination of attorneys' fees; Information on how attorneys' fees are...
- Holland & Knight staff set to lose pay and jobs. Hobbs, Kathryn // Lawyer;5/13/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 20, p11
Reports on the pay cuts to be imposed by Holland & Knight for lawyers and other staff members. Number of lawyers and staff that will be dismissed in the company; Cost-saving changes in the company.
- Bonus Question. Stracher, Cameron // New York;12/11/2000, Vol. 33 Issue 48, p26
Provides information on the year-end bonuses given to entry-level employees of law firms and first-time lawyers in New York City in 2000. Estimated range of bonuses; Average total compensation for lawyers; Growth of the legal services market.
- MoFo sticks with lockstep. Hobbs, Kathryn // Lawyer;02/11/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p9
Reports on the decision of Morrison & Foerster to retain its lockstep pay system for its associates. Factors that influenced the law firm's decision.
- Eversheds cuts 116 roles following consultation. Gannage-Stewart, Hannah // Lawyer (Online Edition);5/24/2013, p7
The article reports that Eversheds LLP plans to dismiss several lawyers and non-lawyers at the end of its latest redundancy consultation in Great Britain. It mentions that the company cuts several jobs in several rounds between 2008 and 2009. It mentions that the departing employees were offered...
- In-House Pay Hikes Low. Marcotte, Paul // ABA Journal;Jan1991, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p29
Presents the results of a survey concerning the salary status of corporate lawyers in the U.S. Expansion of employee benefits and bonuses; Flexible-time and part-time employment.
- Letters. Smith, Annette; Copley, Anne; Walling, Brian; Brandwood, Ian; Bound, Robert; Cooke, Bernard // Personnel Today;7/27/2004, p14
This article presents information about letters. An average working wage for an average worker in the author's experience seems to be between Â£ 5 and Â£ 8 if one cuts the politics, cuts the red tape, cuts the ability to sue at the drop of a hat. An anonymous correspondent on these pages...