Health and Safety
- Loopholes could kill directive. Taylor, Chris // People Management;2/7/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p13
Reports on the potential effect of the information and consultation directive on employees in Great Britain. Statement issued by the Trades Union Congress; Concerns about how the directive will be implemented; Reasons for opposing the directive.
- MTUC and MEF say law should look into details. Sani, Asrul Hadi Abdullah; Annuar, Azril // Malay Mail;6/14/2012, p3
The article reports on the Malaysian Trade Union Congress' (MTUC) call for a law to impose heavier fines on private sector employers who terminate employees before they turn 60 while the Malaysian Employers Federation (MEF) asks for a five-year transition period for implementation.
- Conference round-up. // People Management;9/26/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 19, p17
Presents a summary of issues regarding personnel training and development. Trade Union Congress (TUC) joining the European single currency; Teaming up of the Federation of Small Businesses with the TUC to lay down minimum standards on fairness at work; Comment of Mick Graham on Labour Party...
- Tests under scrutiny. // People Management;1/23/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p12
Reports that an Industrial Relations Services survey has found that British business enterprises are becoming more concerned about the accuracy of psychological tests used in employee recruiting. Changes in the wake of the Disability Discrimination Act; Institute of Personnel and Development...
- TUC sells partnership as way forward for HR. Nelson, Paul // Personnel Today;7/9/2002, p7
Reports the demand of the Trade Union Congress (TUC) to Human Resource to intensify union partnership in relation to employee commitment in Great Britain. Indifference of employees in working with unions; Significance of partnership for improvement of working relationship between union;...
- One in five UK workers paid less than living wage. Paterson, Jennifer // Employee Benefits;4/1/2014, p6
The article reports that according to an analysis by the Trades Union Congress (TUC), one in five jobs across Great Britain pays less than the living wage. The living wage is currently set at 8.80 pounds per hour in London and 7.65 pounds per hour across the rest of Great Britain. About half of...
- TUC urges clarification of law on drug testing at work. // Occupational Health;Jul2010, Vol. 62 Issue 7, p6
The article reports that the new government of Great Britain has been urged by the Trades Union Congress (TUC) to clarify the law and produce clear guidance on drug testing at work.
- TUC calls on government to produce drug-testing guidelines. // Employers Law;Jun2010, p5
The article reports that Great Britain's Trades Union Congress (TUC) is urging the government to provide drug-testing guidelines on whether firms could legally test their staff, in non-safety critical roles, routinely or randomly, to combat drug and alcohol related sickness and absence problems.
- FLY THE FLAG FOR HOLIDAYSâ€¦. // Personnel Today;7/4/2006, p1
The article reports that British organization Trade Union Congress has urged the country's employers to allow U.S.-born employees to celebrate the U.S. Independence Day today. The organization said that employers should favorably consider such employees' leave applications and should not force...