Ambulance workers sound alarm over medic mimicry
- War Zone. Blasberg, Derek // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/4/2007, Vol. 193 Issue 118, p4
This article describes the experience of photographer Hunter Barnes, who disguised himself as a medical professional to enter a Sri Lankan to document the post-tsunami devastation and civil strife plaguing the area. With a government-imposed lockdown on tourism and a military-enforced ban on...
- 5 bad scams. Fiala, Jennifer // DVM: The Newsmagazine of Veterinary Medicine;Feb2008 Your DVM Career, Vol. 39, p1
The article presents the stories of the 5 common identity theft crimes in the U.S. Identity theft is described as one of critical social problem faced by the medical industry in the country. It reveals that this problem is already rampant across the country wherein victims are used to cheat the...
- A REAL STEAL. Conn, Joseph // Modern Healthcare;10/9/2006, Vol. 36 Issue 40, p26
The article focuses on the newly emerging healthcare privacy threat which is medical identity theft in the U.S. Healthcare providers are at risk for financial fraud due to identity theft. Experts say that healthcare workers are often part of the privacy theft conspiracies. Medical identity theft...
- Researcher Roger Porter dies. Antosiewicz, Frank // Plastics News;9/7/1998, Vol. 10 Issue 28, p15
Pays tribute to the late Roger S. Porter, member of the Plastics Hall of Fame and first head of the University of Massachusetts polymer science and engineering department, who died on August 25, 1998. Age at which Porter died; When Porter was named to the Hall of Fame; Career information on Porter.
- Identity theft knows no bounds. Schliesman, Kyle // Inside Tucson Business;2/24/2003, Vol. 12 Issue 38, p17
Comments on the cases of identity theft in the U.S. Percentage of identity theft among consumer fraud complaints; Cost of identity theft; List of fraud complaints.
- Protecting your employees from identity theft. Smith, Shawn // Westchester County Business Journal;2/3/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p4
Reports on the increase in identity theft incidents in the U.S. Disclosure of the report by the Federal Trade Commission; Percentage of identity theft among the fraud complaints; Legal liability of employers in protecting employee records.
- IT managers warned to take better precautions against identity fraud. Thomas, Daniel // Computer Weekly;11/28/2002, p2
Reports on the occurrence of identity frauds in the information technology (IT) industry in Great Britain. Details of identity theft scam from the U.S. federal authorities; Need for precautions by IT managers against the fraud; Charges against Philip Cummings for identity scam in software firm...
- Protect yourself from ID theft. Miller, Joel M. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;10/7/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 20, p3
Provides tips on how to prevent identity information theft in the U.S. Avoidance of carrying extra credit cards; Removal of name from the marketing lists of major credit reporting bureaus; Coordination with the fraud departments of major credit bureaus regarding theft incidents.
- Untitled. // Bank Technology News;May2003, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p18
Reports on the result of the survey on identity theft in the U.S. Percentage of Americans showing concerns for the government to take actions on identity theft; Willingness of the consumers to provide an identification when applying for a loan.