The skinny on fat CD
- Maps for hunters. Samuel, Dave // Bowhunter;Oct/Nov97, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p123
Reports that the Delorme Map Company, located in Yarmouth, Maine, makes atlas maps which are ideal for outdoor activities. Effectiveness of maps for bowhunters.
- Routing, address location in one package. // Fleet Owner;Feb98, Vol. 93 Issue 2, pTC7
Presents information on DeLorme company's `Street Atlas USA 5.0' computer program. Features of the program; Estimated cost of the program; Indepth look at the contents of the program; How this program can assist drivers, especially those involved in commercial trucking.
- Global positioning software. // Electronics Now;Jun93, Vol. 64 Issue 6, p25
Introduces the GPS MapKit SV software by DeLorme Mapping. Features; Functions; Computers needed; Price; Contact address and telephone number.
- Equipment reports. // Electronics Now;May97, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p14
Introduces the Tripmate Hyperformance Global Positioning System (GPS) Navigation system by DeLorme. Components of the navigation system; Compatibility of the Navigation system to other computer applications; Factors that determine the accuracy of GPS position; Contents of the Navigation...
- Tools. Doran, G. David // Entrepreneur;Feb1999, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p32
Introduces several products for entrepreneurs. Walkabout Tour Digital Voice Recorder from Dictaphone Corp.; Street Atlas USA 6.0 software from Delorme Inc; Modem Saver Plus from Road Warrior International.
- OFF THE MAP. Honan, Mathew // Macworld;Aug2001, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p21
Focuses on an experiment which compared the effectiveness of the Global Positioning System Nexian HandyGPS module to a DeLorme Earthmate map. Experimental result.
- Map-making CD-ROM brings AAA to PCs. Hume, Brit; Reid, T.R. // New Hampshire Business Review;8/16/96, Vol. 18 Issue 17, p26
Reports on the development of the `AAA Map `n' Go' CD-ROM application by DeLorme and the American Automobile Association which allows users to plan a car trip. Ratings on lodging and restaurants; Equipment required for the program.
- Two Ways to Map Your Business. Meyer, Gordon // PC World;Jun2000, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p94
Compares Microsoft's MapPoint 2001 with DeLorme's XMap Business, two mapping software programs. How both programs contain street-level data for the entire continental United States, plus demographic information, direction and routing capabilities and some business-specific data; Differences in...
- DeLorme Introduces Its New 3-D TopoQuads CD-ROM Map Resource. // Computers in Libraries;Feb2000, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p18
Announces the introduction of 3-D TopoQuads, a mapping software, by DeLorme. Features of the software, including the three-dimensional modeling of areas; Levels of detail.