- Thomson Line Takes High-Tech Tack. Malester, Jeff // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;04/28/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p6
Reports on Thomson's introduction of a series of RCA-brand antennas and remote controls as well as wireless modems and a portable device functioning as a fax, printer, copier and scanner. Features of the new products; Price.
- Thomson to use SRS in Y2K DVD. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;11/15/99, Vol. 14 Issue 26, p32
Reports on Thomson Consumer Electronics Inc.'s adoption of SRS Labs' TruSurround two-channel virtual surround technology as the audio-enhancement system for DVD players.
- Thomson Introduces $129 Flash Camcorder. Elrich, David // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/22/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p18
The article features a series of new products from Thomson Consumer Electronics including the EZ201 camcorder, AR Flat Series cables, and the AR4131 blackVault iPod dock.
- ZORAN'S VADDIS V IS SHARP'S NEW DVD RECORDER. // CD Computing News;Apr2002, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p5
Presents information on the integration of Zoran Corporation's Vaddis V advanced digital video disc multimedia processor into the recordable/rewritable DVD recorder from Sharp.
- Thomson Bows Parent-Friendly DVD Players. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;4/19/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p1
This article reports on the preparation of Thomson to market RCA-branded DVD players that automatically filter offensive language, sexual content and graphic violence from select pre-recorded DVD videos, as of April 2004. Called ClearPlay, the content-filtering system was developed for use with...
- DVD-Divx Feud Heats Up. Goldstein, Seth // Billboard;01/09/99, Vol. 111 Issue 2, p56
Focuses on the competition between digital video disc (DVD) and Divx technologies. Prediction on the fourth-quarter sales that DVD will experience; The subdued introduction of Divx; Replacement of worst-performing titles of videotape with DVD at Kmart and Best Buy department stores; The...
- Divx Makes Its Limited Nationwide Debut; Warner Serves Up 19-Hour `Cold War.' Goldstein, Seth // Billboard;10/10/98, Vol. 101 Issue 41, p73
States that Divx, a limited-play version of digital video disc (DVD) will arrive in 700 retail stores in the United States in October 1998. Plans to add more Divx stores when Thomson Consumer Electronics introduces its machine; The retail power of Thomson compared against that of Zenith; Cost...
- Thomson Debuts HD DVD, Sirius, DirecTV2Go SKUs. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/16/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p12
The article discusses the audio-video products from Thomson for the year 2006. The company will launch its high definition DVD player during the year which will cost $499. It also has plans to introduce home systems based on Internet protocol technologies. The Lyra X3000 portable media player...
- 1995 Edison Best New Products Awards winners. // Marketing News;5/06/96, Vol. 30 Issue 10, pE4
The article features the winners in the 1995 Edison Best New Products Awards presented by the American Marketing Association. Some of the winners of the Gold Award include, Procter & Gamble Co., Frito-Lay Inc., Sears, Roebuck and Co., Coca-Cola Co., ConAgra Frozen Foods, Andrew Jergens Co.,...