The litigation ledger
- Ethics Becomes Focus Of Suit Against Hewlett-Packard. Reisinger, Sue // Corporate Legal Times;May2003, Vol. 13 Issue 138, p50
Focuses on the ruling of the Supreme Court (SC) on the case ' Texas lawyers v. Hewlett-Packard Co. where the court has issued an injunction against the company and its outside law firm, forbidding them from talking with International Business Machines Corp. engineer Phillip Adams. Facts of the...
- FUNDAMENTAL RULING. Gregory, Sarah // People Management;4/8/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p19
Presents the case, Peterson versus Hewlett-Packard Co., which focused on conflict between laws and beliefs in terms of sexual orientation. Facts of the case; Claims of Peterson against the company; Overview of the court's decision.
- Data Storage Makers Duke It Out. Swartz, Nikki // Information Management Journal;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p6
Reports on the exchanged patent infringement lawsuits between Hewlett-Packard and EMC. Reason behind the dispute; Other companies that are involved in the issue.
- Digest. // PC Week;12/20/99-12/27/99, Vol. 16 Issue 51, p87
Focuses on developments related to the computer industry in the United States, current as of December 20, 1999. Upgrade of IBM Corp.'s NUMA-Q Dynix/ptx operating system; Permanent injunction against Hewlett-Packard Co. for infringing on EMC Corp.'s trademark name.
- INSURANCE LAW REVIEW. // Insurance Advocate;01/21/2002, Vol. 113 Issue 3, p10
Presents news briefs on insurance lawsuits in the United States as of January 21, 2002. Settlement of a federal trademark infringement suit filed by Nationwide against Nationwide Insurance Group Inc. and The Nationwide Companies; Amount of fund that the Allstate companies need to create to pay...
- Trademark Face-off Begins. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;01/29/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p18
Focuses on the trademark infringement dispute between Cellular One Group and AT&T Wireless Services Inc. and its parent company, AT&T Corp. Accusation of Cellular One against AT&T companies; Contentions of AT&T; Information on Cellular One.
- Legal update. Davies, Isabel // Journal of Brand Management;Nov2002, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p168
Presents legal issues on trade mark infringement and internet with reference to the lawsuit Reed Executive Plc v Reed Business Information Ltd. Facts related to the lawsuit; Issues considered in the judgement; Author's opinion about the lawsuit.
- TIFF OF THE TITANS: GETTY V. GETTY. // Photo District News;Sep2004, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p14
Reports on a lawsuit filed by J. Paul Getty Trust against Getty Images for trademark infringement and breach of contract over the stock photograph agency's decision to sell images to consumers on Amazon.com.
- AccuSan wins $40 million infringement award from Xerox. Rubenstein, Bruce // Corporate Legal Times;Jul98, Vol. 8 Issue 80, p32
Focuses on the legal patent infringement claims of AccuScan Incorporated against Xerox Corporation. Verdict of the United States District Court in the Southern District of New York on the case; Major legal issues that are involved in the case; Arguments of the two parties.