Facts, figures & findings
- From new hardware choices to a mail-order club, DVD's making strides. Goldstein, Seth // Billboard;02/14/98, Vol. 110 Issue 7, p69
Examines the digital versatile disc (DVD) market. Figures from the Consumer Electronics Manufacturers Association's forecast of sales to dealers; Other figures; Interest in joining the DVD Video Group (DVG) from Columbia House and others; DVD releases; Digital Disc Distribution, founded by...
- V-chips to be delayed. // Electronic Media;12/01/97, Vol. 16 Issue 49, p55
Reports on a warning by the Consumer Electronics Manufacturing Association to the United States Federal Communciations Commission that manufactures are unable to meet the deadline for equipping television sets with v-chip technology. When the manufactures are expected to meet the deadline.
- Audio market down; audio systems up. // Appliance Manufacturer;Nov96, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p14
Discusses the report of Consumer Electronics Manufacturers Association (CEMA) on the sales of audio systems and audio market for the month of July, 1996.
- Multimedia gets hot. // Appliance Manufacturer;Jan1996, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p16
Presents information on Multimedia computers from a survey conducted by the Consumer Electronics Manufacturers Association. Expectations of survey respondents.
- When there's a PC, there's an A. Sciannamea, Mike // Electronic Design;03/17/97, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p64L
Cites the findings of the surveys conducted by the Consumer Electronics Manufacturers Association. Total percentage of the teachers surveyed who said that computers were very effective as a teaching tool; Percentage of students who said that their grades have improved since they started doing...
- Video advances. // Appliance Manufacturer;Apr97, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p18
Reports that sales of video products increases according to the Consumer Electronics Manufacturers Association (CEMA) in Arlington, Virginia. Percentage of sales increase on VCRs, camcorders and TV/VCR; Other products and its percentage increase.
- Women at work: Computer ease and age-old pursuit. Kleiman, Carol // Las Vegas Business Press;07/13/98, Vol. 15 Issue 28, p21
Cites the findings of a survey conducted by the Consumer Electronics Manufacturers Association on men and women's reaction to technology. Concern on how to encourage mature women to feel at ease with electronic equipment; Percentage of women and men respondents who stated that technology is too...
- Consumers speak. Babyak, Richard J. // Appliance Manufacturer;Sep97, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p68
Reports the survey conducted by the Consumer Electronics Manufacturers Association, to gauge consumers on their knowledge and interest in home automation system. Number of people surveyed in Canada and United States; Results of the survey.
- The junkies were right: Computers can be fun. // EMedia Professional;Aug98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p12
Reports on a survey of multimedia personal computer owners released by the Consumer Electronics Manufacturers Association which shows that faster access to the Internet and increased consumer awareness have contributed to the increased use of microcomputers as entertainment devices.