- Audio Verifies Alarm Activations During Storm. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov2004, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p15
Discusses the prevalence of alarm systems' audio capabilities in determining the validity of the alarms of customers during heavy storms according to Sonitrol dealers, Sonitrol of Miami and Sonitrol of Orlando Inc. Instances that test the effectiveness of the audio capabilities of the alarm systems.
- What's Wrong with This? // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2006, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p41
The article focuses on the faulty installation of a wireless security system for a residential account consisting of 14 door/window transmitters, four motion transmitters, five smoke detector transmitters and five carbon monoxide detectors. The installation is shown in a diagram. The problem...
- INTEGRATION: THE END-USERS' PERSPECTIVE. Gager, Russ // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2006, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p66
The article focuses on the integration of the security systems of end users by limiting the products they use to one set system that they replicate whenever possible. Security systems should be standardized. Manufacturers should develop open architecture and plug-and-lay systems that would give...
- Study Asks Industry About New Entrants. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Aug2013, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p24
The article focuses on an IMS Research study entitled "The World Market for Intruder Alarms" which reveals that the U.S. intruder alarm market is embracing the abundance of new competitors entering the business.
- Will Work for Dog Food. Cohen, Jeffrey A. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Apr2007, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p52
The article discusses the roles of dogs in the security systems industry in the U.S. According to the author, dogs have always been providing guard detection services in the society. Their services have been known to government and military operations and private security agencies. Studies also...
- The Electronic House Expo. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov2004, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p16
Focuses on the Electronic House Expo held at Long Beach, California on November 15-18, 2004. Expected attendees; Programs and activities; Security systems that will be displayed in the exposition.
- securex 2003 show guide. // International Fire & Security Product News;Oct2003, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p15
Presents information on Securex 2003, a trade show of the security systems sector in Great Britain. Exhibitors; Products that will be exhibited; Highlights of the event.
- Conference Addresses Security Effectiveness and Profitability. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jan2005, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p14
The article informs that Derek Smith did not surprise anyone in his keynote address at the Securing New Ground conference this fall in New York City. In defense of the emerging nature of the security industry. Smith added. "There's no doubt that information and technology can be effectively used...
- SUCCESS STORIES IN VIDEO MOTION DETECTION. Engebretson, Joan // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov2004, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p44
Presents several stories on how the internal motion detection can have an impact on a client's surveillance capabilities as testified by three systems integrator. Functionalism of the internal motion detection system; Names of the integrator companies that testified for the serviceability of the...