EMPLOYING THE NEW GLOBAL WORK FORCE
- Immigration bills will hopefully generate an honest debate -- for a change. Sowell, Thomas // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;4/3/2006, Vol. 35 Issue 39, p27
Discusses issues concerning immigration bills in the U.S. in 2006. Difference between undocumented workers and illegal immigrants; Plan of the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush regarding the legalization of guest workers; Criticisms against the proposal of the Bush administration.
- The Realities of Immigration. Chavez, Linda // Commentary;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 122 Issue 1, p34
The article presents opinion on the proposed immigration law reform by U.S. President George W. Bush. The mass media has contributed to the emergence of the immigration issue. It would need to build 10-foot-high steel fences on its southern and northern borders to prevent illegal immigration. A...
- Congress Back to Immigration Dispute. Ellis, Kristi // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/25/2006, Vol. 191 Issue 87, p5
This article deals with the immigration debate in the U.S. Congress which could affect apparel manufacturers and retailers. President George W. Bush, during a speech on April 24, 2006 in Irvine, California, urged the Senate to overcome the impasse and pass a bill quickly. He again called for a...
- Guests, Sï¿½; Workers, No. Doherty, Brian // Reason;May2004, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p22
Comments on the immigration reform plan of U.S. President George W. Bush for 2004. Criticism on Caitlin Flanagan's article "Dispatches From the Nanny Wars," published in the March 2004 issue of the periodical "Atlantic Monthly"; Benefits of the reform plan.
- The American Experience. Taber, George M. // njbiz;1/12/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p12
Comments on the implications for the New Jersey economy of the new immigration regulations proposed by U.S. President George W. Bush, as of January 2004. Disadvantages of the regulations; Contribution of immigrants to the economy of New Jersey.
- Obama on immigration overhaul: 'Now is the time'. // High Plains Journal;2/11/2013, Vol. 131 Issue 6, p8-B
The article focuses on the overhauling of the immigration system in the U.S. by U.S. President Barack Obama. It states that before this initiative, the earlier effort was made by them U.S. President George W. Bush who pressed for an overhaul in the system. It mentions that President Obama had...
- President Bush and immigration reform. Ufford-Chase, Rick // Christian Century;8/10/2004, Vol. 121 Issue 16, p22
Ponders on the proposal of U.S. President George W. Bush for a reformed immigration policy in 2004. Reasons that influenced his proposal; Opposition to the proposal; Problems in the proposal.
- BUSH-SENATE GOP IMMIGRATION REFORMS DRAWING EARLY FIRE. Schoeff Jr., Mark // Workforce Management;4/9/2007, Vol. 86 Issue 7, p6
No abstract available.
- CROSSING THE NEXT FRONTIER. Alter, Jonathan // Newsweek;9/10/2001, Vol. 138 Issue 11, p28
Comments on United States President George W. Bush's plans for immigration reform. Mention of the increasing minority population in the U.S.; Why Bush changed his original plan to grant a blanket amnesty to Mexicans living illegally in the U.S., and instead advocates so-called regularization;...