IDs to Protect Children
- Perimeter Security Market Worth $17.7 Billion by 2018. // Sensors;1/17/2014, p1
The article offers information on the "Perimeter Security Market - Worldwide Market Forecasts and Analysis (2013-2018)" by market research firm MarketsandMarkets which focuses on the growth in the industry with technological advancements.
- ID Card Printers. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Feb2004, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p46
Presents a chart depicting details of the identification card printers comparing suppliers' products in the U.S. as of February 2004.
- Security Industry Teams With IT to Promote Security Management. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jun2003, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p13
Reports on the partnership of the security systems industry with information technology (IT) to promotes security management in the U.S. Demand for the rapid rate of technological development and deployment for effective management; Formation of the Open Security Exchange group; Focus of the...
- How Secure is Your Wireless Security? Dingle, Jeffrey // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jan2007, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p34
The article discusses the need to address the security of the wireless technology in the U.S. Connecting gadgets without using wires is a great pace in electronic technology and systems installation and operation are an advantage. However, wireless systems have its weakness which are in nature...
- What's Inside Printers Spurs More Secure Cards. Kaplan, Laurence J. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jun2005, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p20
This article discusses issues related to the security of identity systems. Identification (ID) cards have come a long way. From flimsy paper cards with grainy photos and illegible signatures, the ID card has evolved into a technological marvel that can sport everything from tamper-proof UV...
- HOW SECURITY DEALERS REALLY FEEL ABOUT BIOMETRICS. Engebretson, Joan // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2006, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p105
The article discusses the views of systems integrators and security equipment manufacturers about biometrics-based access control systems. It focuses on pricing and adoption trends in the United States. The article reports on some systems integrators' claim that they use biometrics only rarely...
- Access News. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Apr2005 Supplement, Vol. 42, p24
Features various technological innovations related to the security systems industry. Advantages of automatic swing gate openers; Usefulness of the EtherNav D7600 Series of managed layer 2 Ethernet switches; Compatibility of Johnson Controls' Digital Vision Network with PTC devices.
- PC-Linked Desktop Reader for HID Cards. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jan2006, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p57
The article features the CardMan 5125, a personal computer-linked desktop reader from Omnikey AG that is specifically designed for HID cards. The card was created based on the industry standard access control proximity card technology of HID which is a 26-bit format to a 1000 format. The CardMan...
- LENEL SYSTEMS INTERNATIONAL INC. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jan2006, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p65
The article features the OnGuard ID CredentialCenterÈ’, a central enrollment point for cardholders from Lenel Systems International Inc. OnGuard integrates with a Card Management System in order to leverage the capabilities of small card and credential issuance as well as lifecycle...