What's Inside Printers Spurs More Secure Cards
- ID Card Printers. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Feb2004, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p46
Presents a chart depicting details of the identification card printers comparing suppliers' products in the U.S. as of February 2004.
- As Printers Diverge. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Nov2005, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p28
Focuses on the significance of ID card systems. Popularity of ID card systems in several companies and school; Divergence of card printer; Approximated number of card printer manufacturers worldwide. INSET: Member Cards Add Credibility.
- IDing Printers. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Feb2003, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p35
Reports on the factors influencing the innovation of card printers in the U.S. Increase in user demand; Expansion of identification card technology; Security applications.
- Pick a card. // Automatic I.D. News;Jun96, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p36
Offers information on identification card printers. Fargo Electronics' Cheetah high-speed desktop card printer; Spectrum 4000 series multicolor card printers; Impresa printer from Plastic Card Systems which produces fully-personalized cards; Electronic purse applications of Schlumberger's...
- DUAL-SIDED COLOR CARD PRINTER IMPROVES ID CARDS. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2006, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p159
The article introduces the Zebra P120i dual sided color card printer from Zebra Technologies. It describes the key features and benefits offered by the printer. Software drivers for Windows 2000 and XP provide plug-and-play operation and compatibility with most applications. Optional magnetic...
- The FINE PRINT. McFadden, Maggie // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov2006, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p82
The article offers advice on how security systems dealers and integrators can provide the right identification card printing needs of its customers. Dealers need to understand what type of usage pattern customers will be needing the card printer for, type of printing technology, amount of...
- IDs to Protect Children. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jun2005, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p24
This article discusses the use of electronic identification (ID) systems for the protection of children. There is nothing more important to a parent than the safety and well being of their child, and across the country schools, churches, local communities and state and federal agencies are...
- The Plastic THAT PROTECTS. // Government Security;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p16
The article discusses the use of photo identification (ID) cards in the security industry. Photo ID's make security and guest safety better, while also preventing unauthorized access and badge-swapping. Other topics include the HES Convention Services company's use of photo ID's for its...
- Card stock evolves as ID printers change. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jul97, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p63
Focuses on advances in the printing of identification (ID) cards. Popularity of single-card PVC stock among printers; Increasing boldness of counterfeiters; ID card printers Sandia Imaging, Gemplus, IDMATICS and DataCard Corp.