The Art of Museum Protection
- Protection against cyber snoopers. // International Fire & Security Product News;Oct2003, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p6
Focuses on the electronic security protection offered by Panasonic's BM-DT120 Authenticam Iris Recognition System. Features of the system.
- Thwarting Intruders Outside. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Apr2004, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p20
Focuses on developments in outdoor security detection systems. Facilities that use outdoor alarm systems; Environmental factors that can affect the functions of outdoor security sensors; Technological innovations in outdoor security systems. INSET: Multi-Lingual First Aid Kit.
- Intelligent Video Surveillance Goes Trainspotting. // Electronic Design;4/27/2007, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p40
The article reports on the plan of Stockholm Lokaltrafik, a mass transit agency, to install surveillance system in its utility vehicles in Stockholm, Sweden. In the aim to avoid assaults in transit, the agency with the local officials initiate the installation of an automated and integrated mass...
- HOME, SECURE HOME. Flynn, Emily // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);7/25/2005-8/1/2005 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 146 Issue 4/5, p68
Discusses security devices that are available to homeowners. How wealthy people tend to spend more on security systems for their homes; Description of high-tech security systems; Use of robots as guards.
- Industry Response to Winnipeg Police Policy. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2004, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p34
Reports on the response of the Canadian Alarm and Security Association (CANASA), a national organization representing the electronic security industry, concerning the Winipeg Police Policy Department's decision to respond to security alarms only after the alarm providers have verified or tried...
- Security Is an Art at Museum. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jan2005, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p26
The article reports on scientific and artistic nature of installing security system. Although security systems use devices that employ scientific principles, installing them seamlessly can be an art. That is what was required when the Dallas Museum of Art decided to upgrade its security to the...
- SECURITY TECHNOLOGY. // Sound & Video Contractor;Oct2005, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p81
Evaluates several security systems equipment. Unistat status indicator from Federal Signal; Ipela SNC-RX550N and SNC-RZ50N PTZ cameras from Sony; Telguard TG-1 digital alarm communicator from Telular.
- White Shirt Is Optional: Selling Smart Home Systems Is not. Engebretson, David // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;May2015, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p146
The author discusses the increase in purchase of do-it-yourself (DIY) smart home security systems from home buyers. It informs that a survey conducted by real estate firm Coldwell Banker reported interest shown by home buyers in purchase of smart homes. It highlights the problems associated with...
- PATENT OF THE WEEK. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/19/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 43, p40A
Reports that Long Island, New York-based inventor, Richard Rand, of Protex International in Bohemia, has invented an anti-theft computer security system for large business establishments and electronics stores that are prone to theft. Shortcomings of the locking devices used at present; Alarm...