Integrated Security for Ports and Vessels
- Threat Still Real. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Jan2004, p9
Reports on the security of ports in the European Union. Impact of the regulation implemented by International Maritime Organization on port security measures; Number of custom officers hired to raise port security levels; Key ports where the extra officers will be designated.
- Focus on Verticals. Stepanek, Laura E. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct2007, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p13
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including the article titled "Vertical Market Leaders" and another on the corporate profiles of leaders in healthcare, retail, and property management.
- Security Officers Today Differ From Your Grandfather's Officers. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar1999, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p77
Describes the characteristics of modern security officers. Responsibilities; Pro-active management; Billing rates; Outsourcing trends.
- Marine. // Oregon Business Magazine;Jan2008 Portfolio Supplement, Vol. 31, p8
The article reports on the growth experienced by the port of Portland, Oregon in diverse marine business lines. The port registered double digit growth in every category, including mineral bulks, grain, automobiles, breakbulk and containers. The port also strengthened its terminal security by...
- Legislation and Training Among CAA Efforts. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Apr99, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p42
Reports that the California Alarm Association (CAA) sponsored the Industry Summit and keynote address at the 1999 International Security Conference. Range of industry issues and concerns discussed during the conference; Programs implemented by the CAA for the industry.
- Tough Touch MESH Installed in Las Vegas. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct2004, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p28
Reports that Viscount has received orders for its flagship product, the Tough Touch version of its MESH system, to be installed at security gates in Las Vegas, Nevada. Reason for making the product attractive for vandal-prone commercial buildings and internationally targets industrial and...
- Training focus to help you make that next career step. // International Fire & Security Product News;Aug2004, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p14
Previews the Securex 2004 seminar for the security management profession to be held on October 12 to 14 in London, England. Topics; Highlights of the Career Focus session; Participants.
- Cashing in on in security. Subramanian, Anusha // Business Today;2/8/2009, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p39
The article discusses the impact of the terrorist attacks in Mumbai, India to the security systems industry. Indian companies in the security space are moving with high-tech products and services and specialized solutions to secure cities, states, businesses and organisations. Moreover, it cites...
- Another piece in-the puzzle. Bonney, Joseph // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);3/28/2005, Vol. 6 Issue 13, p40
Focuses on the operations of the Port of New York and New Jersey marine terminal. Information on several construction projects which aimed to expand the capacity of the port; Details of the Portfields Initiative of the New Jersey Economic Development Authority; Possible impact of the...