INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: TELECOMMUNICATIONS
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: TELECOMMUNICATIONS. // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/30/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 21, p56
The article presents telecommunication industry-related statistics and various news items associated with it. Western Wireless has hired Deutsche Bank AG for a "soft process" of fielding offers for its international mobile phone assets that could be worth $2 billion. In another development,...
- Vodafone Slows 3G Spending. // Wireless Week;7/23/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 30, p1
Reports on the plan of Vodafone to scale back spending on its third-generation network. Reason behind the move; Number of base stations to be built in Great Britain; Wireless carriers in the United States that have suffered from handset shortages.
- Vodafone Advocates New, Global 3G Operators Club. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;06/11/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 24, p27
Reports on the call of the Vodafone company for wireless operators to form a global operators club. Stakes of Vodafone in the wireless communications industry; Information on Vodafone's recommendation; Reactions of various wireless groups to the concept.
- Midweek Mergers: October 16. Hedges, Laura // Capacity Magazine;3/16/2015, p1
Capacity brings you the latest mergers and acquisitions in the wholesale arena. If you have any deals you'd like us to share, please tweet us @capacitymag or email email@example.com.
- The Shifting Balance of U.K.'s Global Operators. HAnluain, Daithi Ó // Wireless Week;05/14/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 20, p16
Focuses on the telecommunication companies Vodafone Group and British Telecommunications PLC (BT) in Great Britain. Factors which led to the debt situation of BT; Plan of Vodafone to expand its operations in the global wireless industry; Implications of the move of BT to sell its stake in...
- Indian promise. Lennighan, Mary // Total Telecom Magazine;Feb2007, p9
The article provides an update on the telecommunication industry in India. Currently, analysts say India has a mobile subscriber addition rate of 6-7 million users per month. The biggest name in the frame in 2007 is British mobile giant Vodafone, which has been in talks to take a controlling...
- Vodafone begins 2001 with strong foundation. Wendelken, Sandra // Global Wireless;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p2
Reports on the market performance and the business condition of wireless operator Vodafone Group in 2000. Details of the company's takeover deal with Mannesmann; Growth of its third-generation licenses across Europe; Ownership and partial stakes of the company in a number of wireless centers...
- SHORT MESSAGE. // Wireless Asia;9/15/2003, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p32
Reports on developments related to the wireless telecommunications industry as of September 2003. Preference by Society of Mutant Telepaths to use cellular telephones when communicating with each other in the U.S.; Service launched by Great Britain-based Vodafone designed to allow mobile...
- Standards required to spur content development. Akram, Umar // Wireless Asia;Aug/Sep2007, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p29
The article focuses on the need for European telecommunication operators to focuses on services other than the traditional voice-based services , according the Vodafone D2C strategy briefing. The author pointed out that operators are also struggling to retain existing subscribers in the...