INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: RETAIL
- In Brief. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/20/2005, Vol. 189 Issue 107, p4
Presents news briefs on the clothing industry as of May 20, 2005. Background on a lawsuit filed against Federated Department Stores Inc.; Decision of Charming Shoppes Inc. to buy Crosstown Traders Inc. from J.P. Morgan Partners.
- Charming deal for Crosstown. Del Franco, Mark // Multichannel Merchant (Penton Media, Inc.);6/1/2005, Vol. 1 Issue 2, Preceding p5
Announces that Charming Shoppes will acquire multititle mailer Crosstown Traders from JPMorgan Partners, the private equity arm of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. Value of the acquisition deal; Retail chains operated by Charming Shoppes; Benefits of the acquisition deal to Charming Shoppes; Comments...
- Charming Shoppes Buys Crosstown Traders. Viveiros, Beth Negus // Direct;6/1/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the agreement of Charming Shoppes Inc. to acquire direct marketer Crosstown Traders from J.P. Morgan Partners LLC in May 2005. Value of the deal; Terms of the acquisition; Revenue of Crosstown in 2004.
- Mail-order Crosstown Traders acquired by Charming Shoppes. // Inside Tucson Business;6/6/2005, Vol. 14 Issue 52, p3
Reports that Tucson, Arizona-based direct marketing firm Crosstown Traders Inc. has been acquired by Charming Shoppes Inc., a Bensalem, Pennsylvania-based retailer specializing in women's plus-size apparel.
- Charming Shoppes CEO Touts 'Solid' Outlook. Ascione, Sarah // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/27/2005, Vol. 189 Issue 134, p11
Reports on the financial performance of Charming Shoppes Inc. for the first quarter of 2005. Net income posted by the company; Forecasted performance of the company for the second and third quarters of 2005; Advantages of the company's acquisition of Crosstown Traders Inc.
- Charming Shoppes Net Surges on Strong Sales. Derby, Meredith // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/16/2006, Vol. 191 Issue 57, p5
The article reports on the increase in the earnings of women's plus-size retailer Charming Shoppes Inc. for the fourth quarter ended January 28, 2006. Factors which contributed to the increase include strong operating margins from retail stores, reduction in the tax rate for the quarter and the...
- ACQUISITION: ORCHARD BRANDS BUYS CROSSTOWN. PARRY, TIM; TIERNEY, JIM // Multichannel Merchant (Penton Media, Inc.);Oct2008, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p7
The article reports on the acquisition by Golden Gate Capital company Orchard Brands of the Crosstown Traders catalogs from Charming Shoppes in 2008. According to the article, several catalogs were aquired for $35 million including Old Pueblo Traders, Bedford Fair, and Willow Ridge, but does not...
- Plus gets fit for upgrade, adds fashion, flair to category. Duff, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;11/6/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 21, p19
Focuses on various retailers that have developed improved plus-size apparel businesses in the U.S. Charming Shops; Cato; Zellers.
- Charming Shoppes Reports Profit in 4th. Weitzman, Jennifer // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/19/2003, Vol. 185 Issue 56, p2
Relates the financial results of Bensalem, Pennsylvania-based retail Charming Shoppes in the fourth quarter in 2002. Total profits; Earnings forecast; Earnings per share; Annual pretax earnings.