INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: MEDIA/ENTERTAINMENT
- A CHILD IS BORN. Miller, Mark // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Jan2004, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p13
Features several magazines on parenting. "Parents," by Gruner+Jahr USA; "Parenting," by Time Inc.; "American Baby," by Meredith Corp.
- G+J Sells U.S. Magazine Division. // Circulation Management;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p12
Reports on the definitive agreement signed by Meredith Corp. with Gruner + Jahr to acquire "Parents," "Child," "Fitness" and "Family" magazines. Value of the transaction; Effect of the acquisition on the readership of Meredith's magazines; Assets of Gruner + Jahr that will be acquired by Meredith.
- The Mother of All Deals. Smith, Stephanie D.; Granatstein, Lisa // MediaWeek;5/30/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 22, p33
Focuses on the sale of four magazines published by Gruner+Jahr USA Publishing by Meredith Corp. in 2005. Value of the deal; Advantage of the deal to Meredith's publishing business; Option given to Gruner+Jahr regarding its periodicals "Fast Company" and "Inc." as part of the deal.
- Midwest Meredith shakes up NY rivals. Flamm, Matthew // Crain's New York Business;5/30/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p3
The article reports that the prospect of a bigger Meredith Corp. is sending tremors through the ground beneath New York's major publishers. The announcement last week that Meredith would buy Gruner + Jahr USA Publishing's four biggest magazines for $350 million confirmed the quiet rise of the...
- Women on the Verge. Smith, Stephanie D.; Granatstein, Lisa // MediaWeek;8/8/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 29, p26
Focuses on the increase in demand for women's lifestyle and service magazines in the U.S. Acquisition of the periodical "Parents, Child, Fitness and Family Circle," by Meredith Corp. from G+J USA Publishing; Challenges being faced by the Time Inc. on its publication of "All You" magazine; Cover...
- MEET THE SEXIEST MEN IN MAGAZINES. Ives, Nat // Advertising Age;8/1/2005, Vol. 76 Issue 31, p1
Highlights the success of Meredith Corp. in the magazine industry in the U.S. Range of titles acquired by Meredith from Gruner & Jahr Publishing USA (G&J); Impact of the G&J deal on the company's ranking among publishers by revenue; Origin of the company's modern powerhouse status.
- BRAND EXTENSIONS. // Circulation Management;Jan2004, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p16
Presents an update on several publications as of January 2004. Partnership of "Family Circle" from G+J USA Publishing with television network "The Food Network"; Range of topics offered by "Thanksgiving Survival Guide," a special publication released by "Better Home and Gardens" magazine from...
- As parents fight, marketers learn how to protect names. Lans, Maxine S. // Marketing News;8/30/93, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p14
The article discusses steps to maximize protection of a company's name or trademark. As an example, the case regarding Meredith Corp.'s Ladies' Home Journal Parent's Digest, a quarterly magazine it began publishing in 1991, and Gruner + Jahr USA Publishing is discussed. It is suggested that to...
- G+J Business Unit Plans Integration, Acquisitions. Gillis, Cindy // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;3/1/2001, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p12
Deals with business group plans of United States-based multimedia firm, Gruner & Jahr USA Publishing. Emphasis on building sales and marketing for magazines; Examination of back-office operations; Integrations of Internet-based operations.