INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: INDUSTRIALS
- Ford invests in electric carmaker. // R&D Magazine;Feb99, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p9
Presents information on the acquisition of a majority share by Ford Motor Co. on PIVCO Industries Ltd. Role of PIVCO in manufacturing the Think electric vehicle; Introduction a two-passenger urban car by PIVCO.
- Ford seeks traction for turnaround. // Automotive News;10/14/2002, Vol. 77 Issue 6007, p1
Reports the business performance of Ford Motor Co. Assessment on the total shares of stocks of the company; Analysis on the profitability of the company; Reduction of sales.
- Taking their cuts. Vesely, Rebecca // Modern Healthcare;11/9/2009, Vol. 39 Issue 45, p22
The article focuses on the second annual Healthcare Purchasing Power Survey for 2007. It reported a total of 6.6 billion (bn) U.S. dollars in healthcare expenditures while per-beneficiary spending averaged 3,687 U.S. dollars in 2008. For 2009, the projected per-beneficiary spending was 3,797...
- The world's BIGGEST firms. // Business Miscellany (9781861978660);2006, p6
A list of world's biggest companies and its revenue is presented. Some of the companies include Matsushita Electric Industrial Co. Ltd., a Japanese electronics manufacturer, with a revenue of $61.4 billion in 1993, Ford Motor Co., an American multinational corporation, with a revenue of $185.8...
- Ford and Portland General Electric Prepare Oregon for Electric Vehicles. Miner, Thomas // Sustainable Business Weekly;8/30/2010, p3
The article reports on the collaboration between Ford Motor Co. and Portland General Electric Co. (PGE) to fulfill the demand for charging needs of electric vehicle owners. It states the companies will be working to ensure the electrical grid can support the necessary demand for electric...
- IN FORD'S FUTURE: GE'S STRUCTURAL COMPOSITES. Chamberlain, Gary // Design News;6/8/92, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p14
This article reports that Ford Motor Co.'s Research Lab and General Electric Co.'s Research and Development Center have joined forces in a five-year, $10.8-million venture to make structural composite parts for automobiles from thermoplastics. Such structures promise to be extremely strong at...
- Why Things Fail. CAPPS, ROBERT // Wired;Nov2012, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p162
The author discusses issues relating to product failure. He shares product recall cases involving firms like Mohawk Industries, Johnson & Johnson, and General Electric. Aside from customer utilization, he explains that certain conditions and intrinsic properties of a product tend to contribute...
- Competitors jockeying to fill Ford OE contracts. Begin, Sherri // Tire Business;6/4/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p5
Reports the negotiation between tire makers and Ford Motor Co. on original equipment (OE) production contracts in Detroit, Michigan. Factors affecting the re-sourcing of the contracts; List of companies capable of supplying OE products; Retention of OE contracts with Ford by...
- Ford, GE plan $1 billion-plus contributions. Pollard, Timothy // Pensions & Investments;3/7/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p14
The article informs that Ford Motor Co. and General Electric Co. have reported in their annual 10-K reports with the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) to contribute more than 1 billion dollar each to their pension plans in 2011 or 2012.