INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: PRIVATE EQUITY
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Private Equity. Burns, Mairin // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/7/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 14, p18
Credit Suisse First Boston Corp.'s Private Equity sold private jet transportation provider Sentient to TH Lee Putnam Ventures, the $1.1 billion technology joint venture between private equity group Thomas H. Lee Co. and mutual fund giant Putnam Investments, for around $50 million. Boston-based...
- Did PE Dilemma Help CSFB Nab Deal? Friedlander, Josh // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/4/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 13, p7
The article reports that Credit Suisse First Boston Corp. (CSFB) has stopped competing with its clients in the private equity business. Last week, CSFB announced that its private equity division, DLJ Merchant Banking Partners, which the firm had considered spinning off, would continue to operate...
- Another Barrier Falls in China. Trombly, Maria // Securities Industry News;3/28/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p1
Reports on an official decree that encourage banks in China to diversify into other financial areas. Information on the deal between the Credit Suisse First Boston and government-owned bank Industrial and Commercial Bank of China; Factors that could attract foreign institutions to invest in...
- WASHINGTON PEOPLE. Bergman, Hannah; Paletta, Damian // American Banker;11/15/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 219, p4
Presents news briefs concerning U.S. government events of consequence to the banking industry. Efforts of Grant Thompson LLP to fight a fine imposed by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency; Lobbyists hired by the American Bankers Association and Credit Suisse First Boston Corp.;...
- Repayment Of Alleged Ill-Gotten Gains Not Covered By E&O Policy: N.Y. Court. Ha, Michael // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;7/28/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 30, p8
Reports that a New York state court ruled against Credit Suisse First Boston, stating that the investment banking firms cannot use an errors and omissions policy from Vigilant Insurance Company. Regulatory settlements for investment banks; Negation of the remedial effect of a settlement; Type...
- Cazenove lures property
researchers from CSFB. // Estates Gazette;2/21/2004, Issue 408, p37
Reports on the resignation of analyst Miranda Cockburn and specialist salesman Carl Gough of Credit Suisse First Boston (CSFB) in February 2004 to join private investment bank Cazenove. Name of the former company of Cockburn before he joined CSFB; Remarks from Ian Marcus of CSFB on their...
- CSFB TOPS THE CHARTS. Hackett, John // U.S. Banker;Sep2001, Vol. 111 Issue 9
Reports that Credit Suisse First Boston topped the league table for investment banks advising mergers and acquisitions in the United States in the first half of 2001. Major bank mergers during the period; Structure of advising fees; Decline in the ranking of J.P. Morgan Chase.
- Chicago gains footing in Wall Street world. Stainburn, Samantha // Crain's Chicago Business;8/29/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 35, p24
Presents an interview with Steven Koch, Chicago, Illinois-based vice-chairman of Credit Suisse First Boston Corp. State of investment banking in Chicago; Reason for investment banks maintaining large operations in Chicago; Effect of the increase in global deals on investment banking.
- CSFB Steers Integrated Circuit Financing. Whiddon, Robert L. // Private Placement Letter;02/22/99, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p3
Reports that Credit Suisse First Boston has agreed to finance the proposed recapitalization of Integrated Circuit Systems Inc. Terms of the agreement; Pricing for the five-year A-term loan.