- Orthopedic Stock Values Sink Amid Wall Street's Summer Mood Swings. // Orthopedic Design & Technology;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p32
The article reports that orthopedic stock values have declined due to unpredictability in the U.S. securities industry which have slumping benchmark indexes on August 8, 2011. It notes that market fluctuations are expected to intensify from herd trading by hedge funds. It mentions that...
- Survey: Credit Terms in 2Q Eased for Hedge Funds, PE. Borak, Donna // American Banker;7/14/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 107, p3
The article reports on the results of the U.S. Federal Reserve Board's Senior Credit Officer Opinion Survey on Dealer Financing Terms, which found that large U.S. securities dealers had eased credit terms for hedge funds during the second quarter of 2010.
- Clients Still Fearful of Equities? Try an Outperforming Hedge Fund. Filimonov, Mikhail // Bank Investment Consultant;Jul2001, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p41
Recommends hedge funds as alternative investment solutions to volatile equities investments. Indications that the funds outperformed all other assert classes in 2000; Evidence that the trend to outperform will continue in 2001.
- Hedging with the Nikkei index futures: The convential... Chou, W.L.; Denis, K.K. Fan // Quarterly Review of Economics & Finance;Winter96, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p495
Evaluates the effects of temporal aggregation of hedge rations in Japan's Nikkei Stock Average (NSA), comparing the index and index futures. Use of hedging as a tool in risk management; Information on the NSA; Comparison of hedge models.
- Here's one for the bears. HELY, SUSAN // Money (Australia Edition);Aug2012, Issue 148, p14
The article provides information on BetaShares Australian Equities Bear Hedge Fund, a managed fund allowing investors to profit from, or hedge against, a falling Australian equities market.
- Hedge fund-of-funds pipeline continues to build. DG // Asset Securitization Report;1/7/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p7
Reports on the race to launch and price the first hedge fund-of fund CDO. Contenders for the first hedge fund-of-fund CDO deal; Comfortability of professionals with private equity fund-of-fund CDO; Skepticism of bankers on hedge fund-of-fund CDO.
- European focus helps hedge funds in quarter. // Pensions & Investments;5/27/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p20
Reports that hedge funds specializing in European equities were the best performers in the first quarter of 1996, according to TASS Management.
- Hedge Funds and Wall St. Analysts: Insider Trading? Orr, Leanna // AiCIO News;2014, p1
The article discusses a study by researchers including April Klein, Anthony Saunders, and Yu Ting Forester Wong regarding hedge funds, which make profitable trades on analysts' buy or sell ratings. Topics include the limited changes in the trading patterns among analysts' recommendation, the...
- Whither Converts? Street Stays Committed. O'Connor, Collen Marie // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/28/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 12, p7
Focuses on the business commitment of the Wall Street despite a drop in U.S. convertible issuance in 2004. Comments of Steve Winnert, who works with convertibles at Credit Suisse First Boston, regarding their investment of resources in equity-linked products; Factor in the drop of convertible...